Questions about RSO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaxom

Reaction score
I've been doing a bit of reading up on how to make RSO. I even watched the video Rick Simpson did himself!!! Yet there's a really wide discrepancy in the methodology. After the buds have been broken up and enough solvent has been added to cover it, I've heard that you're to only soak it for anywhere as little as 3 minutes and Rick said 15 minutes. That's one issue. Another is what temp the bud and the solution should be at. One person says put both in the freezer for an hour, another says to have at room temp. I even saw one video where they warmed the bud/solution and agitated it using a lab heating plate with a stirrer. Seems everyone knows the "right way", and it's usually different that the last 20 videos you've seen! So I don't have to recreate the wheel, has anyone experimented using different times, temps and such?

there are a few links here that will tell you how to make cannabis oil and the methods are tried and true , very minor discrepancies

but I’m stoned to the bone right now so it’s difficult for me to find those Threads

once you read the instructions and practice a few times by using Greywolfs QWET tutorial, you will be very pleased with the results

everyone has a method that works best for them. Rick Simpson has the reputation and knowledge, in my opinion. That is where I would start. Freezing buds is usually done when making a hash that either strips or breaks the trichome from the flowers. for example; BHO, DryIce Hash, DrySift, Bubble Hash are all processes that freezing buds is not a you have too do it but more of it helps doing what you are trying to do. Rosin uses heat instead of cold. RSO as I have seen it done by Rick Simpson uses heat. In this process you are not stripping trichomes but rather taking properties from the entire plant material.

Yes but gray wolf is our brother and he makes badass concentrates. Plus he's here everyday would that be nice to talk to the guy who tells you how to do it...
I hear you but I don't know him and a specific question was asked about how do you know who to listen to. I can only give what I know firsthand as advice. I meant no offense to GreyWolf.

Just found it. My local grocery store has it.

Bubba

they use it in packing meat. Dry Ice has a few uses for the consumer. shipping perishables, students use it in science classes and school projects. I usually find it either in the meat dept. or at the customer service counter at most grocery stores.

Now why do they sell dry ice? Did you have to ask special for it?
No, they told me it was in its own ice machine thingy by front door. I must have walked by it a thousand times. I have noticed their red box machine, and one of those change counters. I just called them up, when I googled dry ice for sale, they came up. Here in town is a giant dealer/manufacturer of the stuff, but if you buy direct minimum is 200 lbs. They do deliver....

Bubba

Yes but gray wolf is our brother and he makes badass concentrates. Plus he's here everyday would that be nice to talk to the guy who tells you how to do it...

the mother trucker invented the gall dang terpinator and was instrumental in establishing protocols and TECS for most of the concentrates that are on the market today!

wt feck!?

oh , did I mention that GW is a fecking Engineer Graduate?

oh give me a break

and GW is a humble compassionate generous to a fault human being...he would never brag on his bad self so I’ll do it...the Dude would give you the shirt off his back if you asked

so yeah , some nefarious heathen bass turd maggots ripped GW off and tried to take credit for the Terpinator and how to use it....lying cucks!

in conclusion , GW is The Godfather of Terpinators and the pot world can thank him for holding all the wanna be oil makers accountable for using contaminated products while making concentrates...GW set the standards for purity in oil and a hella lot more contributions

any questions?

If Hy Vee has everclear this will be one stop shopping. Gotta buy the cats their "Tiki Cat" favorite food.

Bubba

you guys act like I am hating on some one. Far from the truth I never mentioned his name for or against him. The original question asked about Rick Simpson VS. other advice he had heard that directly contradicts Rick Simpsons process. I merely pointed out that I would listen to the guy that I knew had good information.

If that is a violation of your sensibilities, it was not my intent, never is. my intent is to provide quality advice. I never implied that it was the only advice to listen to. After all you don't know me either.

the mother trucker invented the gall dang terpinator and was instrumental in establishing protocols and TECS for most of the concentrates that are on the market today!

wt feck!?

oh , did I mention that GW is a fecking Engineer Graduate?

oh give me a break

and GW is a humble compassionate generous to a fault human being...he would never brag on his bad self so I’ll do it...the Dude would give you the shirt off his back if you asked

so yeah , some nefarious heathen bass turd maggots ripped GW off and tried to take credit for the Terpinator and how to use it....lying cucks!

in conclusion , GW is The Godfather of Terpinators and the pot world can thank him for holding all the wanna be oil makers accountable for using contaminated products while making concentrates...GW set the standards for purity in oil and a hella lot more contributions

any questions?
I remember I almost bought a Terpinator was almost 1000 bucks I did not know GW designed it. I saw where some Guy from Canada took credit for it. I can not remember who but I knew him well at the time, Who was the Cuck that stole the idea?

you guys act like I am hating on some one. Far from the truth I never mentioned his name for or against him. The original question asked about Rick Simpson VS. other advice he had heard that directly contradicts Rick Simpsons process. I merely pointed out that I would listen to the guy that I knew had good information.

If that is a violation of your sensibilities, it was not my intent, never is. my intent is to provide quality advice. I never implied that it was the only advice to listen to. After all you don't know me either.

who is “you guys”?.......me?....

I ask because my motives and intentions are to educate , not accusing people of hate or evil motives , let us get that straight

making cannabis oil in a rice cooker with isopropyl alcohol may work but it is not oleoresin or absolute cannabis oil , a far cry from it

same with BHO , QWISO , or QWET , those processes result in a purer form of cannabis oil than the rice cooker method

dont get me wrong here , please , I am not hating on Rick Simpson Oil that is made in a rice cooker with rubbing alcohol

Do you make RSO with a rice cooker?

Have you ever made oleoresin , absolute shatter using the QWET TEC , or for that matter , have you ever made BHO?

ever use a closed loop system?

do you purge your products with a vacuum chamber using a vacuum pump?

im curious about your experience , not hating , just asking

i am trying to get to know you

Sorry guys! Perhaps ya'll need to get together and smoke some! I didn't mean to start an argument!!! FYI, Rick Simson didn't use year, until he was evaporating the solution. I'm that part is pretty much standard no matter how you get to that point. It's during the initial soaking, and perhaps 2nd soaking (some folks call it rinsing). I'm familiar with using getting the buds cold for making hash. As I've done it before.

I'm already planning on deviating from Rick's original method by using grain alcohol rather than rubbing alcohol. I can't wrap my brain around smoking something like rubbing alcohol. Then there was that one time someone convinced me to try wiki (weed soaked in embalming fluid then dried). That was not a good day!

There are two variables that I'm questioning. I'm hoping when the resident guru (Greywolf) appears he can help clarify some of this up for me. As I mentioned in my original post, Rick said to do the first soak/rinse for about 15 minutes. Of the many interests and hobbies I have, one of them is cooking and making stuff from scratch. So much so I've about $300 invested in imported vanilla beans I had imported from Madagascar, Tunisia and I can't remember the last place. I've got some soaking in Greygoose vodka, and some soaking in brandy. Although you can use it much sooner, you're supposed to let this set for 6-12 months!!!! And we've got folks on YouTube advocating soaking the flower material for less than five minutes???? I'm not suggesting we soak the flower material that long. When I made my own Absinthe, I soaked the macerated herbs for 30 days before redistilling. The bottom line is this. How long is long enough to know you've removed all the "good stuff" from the vegetation portion of the plant?

Heat... As I've mentioned before, I seen how folks recover extra "oil" from discarded vapes by soaking in alcohol, then mildly heating it until the alcohol evaporates. I'm thinking, would the use of heat (say 120F) help aid striping the good stuff from the plant material faster?

Latest posts

Back