Questions about web looking material in soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marlboro

Reaction score
I think i may have read about this somewhere in the forum but im not sure so im growing a couple of plants and this is about the 2nd week that they have been in the soil and i just started to realize web looking cobs on the top of the soil does this mean i may have spider mites or bugs?

Marlboro said:
I think i may have read about this somewhere in the forum but im not sure so im growing a couple of plants and this is about the 2nd week that they have been in the soil and i just started to realize web looking cobs on the top of the soil does this mean i may have spider mites or bugs?
Check the underside of your leaves. If you see little black or brown specks you have mites. :eek:

There probibly the roots i had the same thing when i flushed looked like cobwebbs all over the top of the soil, i just put some more soil over the top..

could be spidermites or maybe mold, get some sulfur dust and dust.

astra007 said:
could be spidermites or maybe mold, get some sulfur dust and dust.

sulpher dust iv never heard of that one, sorry but wouldnt this be bad for the plants i mean when u water would it affect the root system, might turn to sulphuric acid???, just need to know as i am curious :confused:

sulfer and water = acid? how do you figure this? sulfur is a trace element that is beneficial to plants and can be used to kill certain fungus's and insects.

well i was told that if sulfer from a volcanoic eruption gets into a lake or river they can become acidic and if it rains during an eruption the sulpher in the cloud produced by the volcano this can produce acid rain, rain water going thru the cloud piks up sulpher and becomes acidic, just what i remember from science from school, so i thought i might ask, but i suppose tiny amounts can be safe, sorry just had to ask

high_man said:
well i was told that if sulfer from a volcanoic eruption gets into a lake or river they can become acidic and if it rains during an eruption the sulpher in the cloud produced by the volcano this can produce acid rain, rain water going thru the cloud piks up sulpher and becomes acidic, just what i remember from science from school, so i thought i might ask, but i suppose tiny amounts can be safe, sorry just had to ask

yeah. key word "trace element" .0013% and stuff. Volcanic ash and rivers/lakes. monsterous amounts.

love the avatar, my friend. i was in chat. stoney was passed out i think. getting as bad as roor.

Latest posts

Back