Questions bout nutes and best yield methods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jericho

Reaction score
so you all know me by now. Ive done allot of reading and started to be nearly capable of answering others questions as well. still have not started growing at all atm as i am still waiting on my next paycheck to buy lights and equipment.

I have got my seeds all ready bought, have 3 auto lowryders and 5 Chrystal's and got 10 free seeds from nirvana.

After allot of thinking i am 99% going to go with the 600w HPS, (this is because of THG always going on about HPS being the best, thanks THG)

I am going to use a DWC bucket for my grows, i only want to try 1-2 plants at a time for now. I am going to purchase a wardrobe that i can convert to a grow cupboard its 4wx2.5dx8h, so thats 10 squared feet to use. i will vent the cupboard with 2 exhaust fans at the top and one passive intake at the bottom. Hps will also have an air cooled hood on it. inside painted white for reflection.

The medium will consist of rockwool n Hydroton in net pots.

My question is really more about the chrystals i want to grow. these plants can yield up to 400 grams and i want to make each one as close to that mark as possible. i was wondering if either a scrog or lst to get the most out of the area and get a good yield, dont want them getting to tall thats the reason. just wanted everyones input on it please.

also i was wondering if anybody buys there nutes online.
am planing to buy most my things from hydroponics.eu. the nute brands offered by these are

atami
cellmax
Was wondering if anyone has used these and what would be best for hydro grow, couldn't find any on this island that are good for hydro grows.

I really need to get a move on and start growing hehe.

I buy nutes online. You want 400g from each plant? You need more light.

lol. well i will have to settle with less yield then. 600w is all im gonna be able to get for now. do you grow hydro or soil?

if anyone has any info on nutes please let me know. i need to know a good brand name that i can use through out the cycle for a hydro dwc bucket. am looking to buy online as they do not have on the island.

Thanks.

Hey jericho, glad to hear that your ready to pop the seeds. Good choice on the 600 hps, you can always upgrade later to another, and you'll be able to push those genetics to the max.

I just tried LST for the first time, and I've been growing awhile. I'm pretty new to the indoor thing, This is only my 4th time from veg to jar. I really like the effects of it. I was a little nervouse at around 4 weeks and it didn't seem like I was getting anywhere. I'm used to seeing the beginnings of a nice big cola by then, instead I was looking at 8-10 smaller tops. But after letting them go I'm happy that I did it. It was easy to keep my canopy even. And I now have 8-10 buds/plant that I think some of them will go 3/4 oz, and some are going to go between 1/2 to 1/4 oz. The canopy gets a lot better air movement through it. I don't know that I'll necessarily get more from it this way, but I'm utilizing my space the best this way. I did 6, and it's alot of constant work, I wouldn't want to do anymore than 6. I do think its a good way of maximizing your space, and your light. Especially for folks that only grow a few. These nugs are going to dry a whole lot faster, more even, and easier to jar....I always hate tearing into that top bud....lol If your only doing 2, do one with LST and one without, and see what you think. It is definately a good way to get light to places that normaly wouldn't be getting it. Good luck man, I'm looking forward to seeing ya grow!

Hey I just was re-reading this and had to edit it...you probably don't want to LST one and not the other, because one will be tall, and one will be short...lol....it will be hard to light it.

Hey thanks Nouvelle.............that was solid!

First of all, you really cannot take the breeder's estimates on yield--it is generally not a realistic figure. They also tend to underestimate flowering time (just so you know). Although Nirvana doesn't specify, those yield figures are not per plant, but rather yield per sq meter--400g is over 14 ozs and a sq meter is over 10 sq ft. When you are starting out, your main concern should be on learning to dial in your grow and yield will follow.

Are you going to grow the Chrystal first or the Lowryders? I did a scrog with 2 Satori in a space about 22" x 28" x 48" with a dual 150W HPS and was happy with my 5.5 oz yield.

I think that you will be really happy with the 600W, but it will put out some real heat. What are you looking at for fans? I am partial to GH Flora nutes. You will also need a good pH meter and an EC meter to measure PPMs.

I forgot to plug Jman here...lol....If you are wondering on which nute line to get, check out Jmansweed's stickied thread "nute study" (It's stickied at the top of this indoor section) He runs side by side tests on 6 different lines. His tests are done in soil, but the info is still very valuable, and I believe all the lines he ran can be used in hydro as well.

I have no experience in hydro, that is why I did not respond to your question about nutes. There are alot of top notch lines out there, you just need to do some research...good luck bud!

Thanks alot LF and THG,

Honestly i would be happy if the plants just make it to the end alive hehe.
THG i think at 1st im gonna grow th lowryders because i just want to see a plant grow through to the end before i try the chrystals.
am going to get the 600hps in a cool tube or aircooled reflector, havnt worked out what fans im going to use yet, still waiting for my mate to bring over the wardrobe so i can size it up propley and see what strengh fan i need. hopfully the cooltube/air cooled reflector will keep the heat down good enough so that the heat in the wardrobe wont be so bad.
This is only untill summer then i will get a place with a spare room so i can vent it propley.
I am going to order all the meters off hydroponics.eu so i will be able to keep check on them.

LF, thanks for the kind words, aint never grown anything in my life before so this is a challenge in a challenge for me, congrats on the MVP of the month, you deserved it.

Thanks man. You got to start somwhere. My first indoor was in an amoire (I don't know how to say it let alone spell it!) basically a 1 1/2' x 3' x 6' double door cabinet. I had a 400 in there and kept it cool with a 175 cfm fan, it was so tight that the hot air did not have to travel far. You will definately be happy if you get an a/c hood, or cool tube.

Latest posts

Back