questions on bud butter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ecto Mimed Bison

Reaction score
i have about 8 grams of some mid grade bud and 1 stick of butter and im going to make some cookies with it, but i had some question from reading all different sources on how to make it. Do you grind it up really fine, or just dont grind it up at all, and do you put seeds and stems in it? simmer it for 30 min? longer?

And stinking up the house, i know it does, butis it really bad? easy to get out? any alternative solutions?

50 grams powdered flowers + 500 grams butter
heat the butter to soften.stir in powder.
it will take 20-30 minutes for cannabis to dissolve into the butter.
let it gently heat through and stir occasionally.
if you do not want particles in butter you can sieve it.
there you have it.

have fun!

That's fifty grams.
Makes a very strong butter. You can use any quantity I guess.
Another way to look at it is...
12 1/2 grams per stick (1/4 lb) of butter.

uhh u dont simmer it? or like the heat somehwat below a boil
i saw bubbles in the butter emergin
i certainly think i burnt the shit out of it
it tasted absolute dirtyyy
i almost threwup cuz of it
ifckedupppp

Sorry
When I said heat the butter I should have said simmer it. You could do it in a double boiler also.
Marijuana (to me) tastes bitter. I agree with you on the taste. Not really good.
If you strain the particles out it "may" taste a little better.

My wife uses the butter in baking. That way the sugar and spice and everything nice
cover the taste.

You could freeze what you have and cut it into little pieces and swallow like a pill.

Cheers

1lb. butter (salted)
Cheesecloth
1 and1/2 to 2 oz. of shake (I used my trimmings)
a few rocks

Put the weed into the cheesecloth along with some larger stones (to weigh down) and tie off end.
Put in a large pot and fill about 2/3's with water.
Start to boil, making sure the stocking is weighted down enough not to float.
Add butter.
Keep at a slow simmering boil for at least 5 hours.....stirring a few times
This will REALLY stink up your place.....(gagging material)

Let cool....Wring out the cheesecloth...then put the pot in fridge for at least 12 hrs.
When the butter forms a hard crust on the water, take off and either strain or squeeze the water out.
You will end up with about 1and1/2 cups of kick-ass butter for baking.....and no grit in your teeth.

Hope this helps you :)

I somehat understand most of the recipes....but who out there has a step by step easy to understand instructions on how to make really good weed butter, without too much of a smeell...i know there is a way to do it,i just dont exactly know how.
im wondering if someone could explain how to go through the process from grinding and sifting to finishing the butter
thanks for any help

REBOK1 said:
I somehat understand most of the recipes....but who out there has a step by step easy to understand instructions on how to make really good weed butter, without too much of a smeell...i know there is a way to do it,i just dont exactly know how.
im wondering if someone could explain how to go through the process from grinding and sifting to finishing the butter
thanks for any help
Ok, first you got to get some kick ass milk cows and some barley seed.

Plant the barley and when it comes up, the cow gets to eat. Good milk now. Now you make lots of butter.

Take butter and follow recipes above.

This is my variation on the recipe,

Start with your trim (including smaller stems) a couple Oz's worth or so.!
1lb of butter,Cheesecloth,and pot with water.

I prefer to use an outdoor cooker (propane) but you can do it in the house, it just smells to high heaven lol. Boil bud, water,and butter for 20 minutes or so, then turn down to a simmer,and boil for 4-6 hours. Keep an eye on your water level you may have to add more.

After your done simmering, take a plastic container ( I use a koolaid jug) take your a few layers of cheesecloth,and rubber band it over the top of the Koolaid jug. Pour the mixture gently through the cheesecloth. When you finish dumping it in, gently ball the cheesecloth around the left over green materail. Gently squeeze,and I mean gently . You do no want all of the green crap anyway. Discard the cheescloth,and greens.

Place the mixture upon cooling into the fridge over night. In the morning take it out,and seperate the butter from the water. It should have the consistancy of butter,and you may have to set it on some paper towels for a few minutes to absorb any left over moisture. Split into quarters if you like,and refridgerate,or freeze.

Now,exercise caution with this stuff, it is much more potent than you may yet realize. It does nit hit you immediatly like smokin it either, it is more like doing a hit of acid, in that it takes up to an hour to kick in.

I usually have my wife substitute the canna butter for regular butter in chocolate chip cookies. Two of these cookies will have ou high out of your gourd. You can make a whole batch,eat what you will,and freeze the rest. You can also spread the butter directly on toast,but as I stated above this **** is potent. Find where you are comfortable. I made the mistake the first time I made it of slathering the stuff on peanut butter toast. Big mistake. Probably the second highest I have ever been. Scary high. You have been warned lol. Enjoy.

I made the mistake the first time I made it of slathering the stuff on peanut butter toast. Big mistake. Probably the second highest I have ever been. Scary high. You have been warned lol. Enjoy.

ditto!!..I ate 1 brownie...it tasted reeeally good, :dancing: so I had another....
WoW!!...I was too high!. Hyperventalateing, sweats, nausea....scared hell outta me, and I ain't sceered of much..;):guitar:

LOL , That was the second time in my life where the thought crossed my mind to get help LOL. The first time was after doing 3 hits of some really potent blotter acid. Be very judicious with this stuff people.

Do you think I could do it out side on a grill? Just put the pot on the grill instead of the stove. Would the results be the same?

If you can keep the water hot enough,why not? As long as you can boil water your good.

Sweet then I think Im gonna make some this weekend.

If you make a bunch but aren't going to use it all right then, my buddy will actually seperate it in perfect portions for each batch and freeze them. That way, when he's ready to make the next set of brownies, all he has to do is take out one pack. I never realized you could freeze the butter and not lose the potency, but it worked. It worked very well. :ccc:

Everyone here puts the butter in the same pot as the boiling water? I put the butter in a smaller separate pot, so I don't have to separate butter from water afterwards. Means you can't burn the butter unless the boiling water runs dry, so you can cook for as long as you like.
Personally, I can't handle the taste of MJ butter, gets me all gaggy.

Bubby said:
Everyone here puts the butter in the same pot as the boiling water? I put the butter in a smaller separate pot, so I don't have to separate butter from water afterwards. Means you can't burn the butter unless the boiling water runs dry, so you can cook for as long as you like.
Personally, I can't handle the taste of MJ butter, gets me all gaggy.
I hear ya Bubby! The taste isn't going to win any cooking contests! That's for sure!

Heavy tasting foods are best with this stuff. If you eat something that is strong flavored and already oily with it mixed in, you'll hardly know you're eating it.

Here's another method that works well.

Make ISO hash oil as in The Brothers Grunts ISO post.

Heat some butter until it melts.

Add hash oil to it and mix very, very well for several minutes while the butter simmers.

You're done.

Add the Hash Oil/Butter to anything you cook or to some peanut butter and go for it.

Fast, easy, and very effective...

Here is THE BEST WAY to make bud butter:

Take clippings or nugs if you want and chop them up as fine as possible.

Put 1 pound of butter for I would say about a quarter of buds or an ounce of clippings......more or less....whatever you have i guess.

Then melt butter it´s about one cup of water and one cup of VODKA! or white clear alcohol...with LITTLE TO NO SUGAR!

Then boil until water and vodka evaporates.

Cool and strain excess leaves and stems to leave a nice green delicious butter.

Remember that THC is an oil compound and therefore only disolves in two things: other oils and alcohol. The vodka is the key!

Enjoy! *kindphriend*

Latest posts

Back