questions on cloning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djsmokey

Reaction score
hey all how ye doin i just have a couple of questions on clones
1 How old do they have to be to take clones?
2 How many clones can you take off one plant?
3 Do you have to plant them straight away?

djsmokey said:
hey all how ye doin i just have a couple of questions on clones
1 How old do they have to be to take clones?
IMHO not before week 4. I prefer Week 6.
2 How many clones can you take off one plant?
No more than 1/3 the plants total mass. So If there are 8 branches. Then only 3 cuttings max.
3 Do you have to plant them straight away?
You can do the cup of water method. Take a cutting and put in r/o water in a cup. let sit under flos for about 1-2 weeks and a tap root will form.

Hope I helped some.

yea helped a lot i know all i need to know thanx mutt

well lets see you can take clones as far as the flowing stage some take cutting then so they will have a high turn around when you take clones that are in flowing it will vert back to veg to root then you put it in to flowing when it roots and you will have a nice cola. you aslo can take them when there in there veg but you won't know what sex it is. they say that taking cutting's when there in veg will be eazyer to root. you can take cuttings when yopur plants gets to the 5th node. take the bottom braches because the topps are harder to root. i use 3 in clay pots and a clear dome jiffy mix and a heating pad

Glad you got the help you need, djsmokey. I just thought it might be worthwhile to add the following for anyone else after advice in this area: I recently produced a few clones just by cutting, dipping in *Rootex-P Plant Cutting Powder and whacking them straight in the dirt. All three were successful.

*Active constituent 3g/kg indole butyric acid

Latest posts

Back