questions on supplementing co2.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruufuus

novice ethnobotanist
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm in my 3rd week of my coco grow, and things are looking good. Recently I have been trying to find ways to make things go just a little bit better, and naturally I decided I wanted to supplement more co2 to my garden. At first I planned to buy a co2 tank and all that jazz, but decided I'm not quite ready to shell that kind of cash on co2 just yet, cuz if I'm gonna go that route I wanna go all the way with timers, and air ppm meters and such. So for now I am using carbonated water for some extra co2 and have been contemplating a yeast co2 generator. My questions are, how much will the seltzer water foliar feed help with co2 for the plants, what is the most effective way to utlizee a yeast co2 generator(I was thinking I would run a tube right up to my fan to waft it over the ladies) and also I know that yeast co2 generators create alcohol, and I was wondering if the vapors released with the co2 would be at alll detrimental to the pplants overall growth and vitality.I look forward to your posts, and thank you in advance, as I know you all will provide me with some great info on The matter.

Very little if any. Unless you are set up for CO2, you are wasting time and money, imho, even if you spent the big bucks fro the equipment. Sealed room, properly maintained temps etc are needed for CO2 (as far as I've read, if wrong, please correct). Using the "homemade" stuff, I'd bet you'd get as good results by sitting in the room and talking to them.

Well I do chat with the ladies from time to time. But I was hoping that both co2 water and yest co2 generator would have a moderately substantial affect on their growth...

Okay, I appreciate your insight. Anyone else got 2 cents to throw in?

the best way too get the rite CO2 in your room is to have a good exhaust, if the bad air is going out, the good air will be comming in.

Yeah the diy co2 generators are helpful if you can't get good ventilation in the room but if it is in yer house where people and animals live then your co2 is more than what the generators are making. And If yer venting heat then you are pulling in fresh air that has more co2 than you can make and hold. If you have the space and need to generate heat, you could use a couple candles. That would generate heat and co2 but the risk of fire is a serious issue.

None of the DIY methods for CO2 or seltzer are going to make much if any difference. You would probably benefit much more from more light.

Well the house has 4 dogs and 5 people living in it, so hopefully the. Co2 levels are good enough at that. I think i have all the lighting I need for this grow. Thanks for the helpful advice guys.

How many times are you exchanging the air in your space?

That would likely be the question most needing asked, well done THG! You need plenty of ventilation/air circulation or you may see skimpy, airy buds.

the air in my room is exchanged at a constant rate, not sure what the cfm of my fan is however

If you air is constant then you are getting plenty of CO2

Latest posts

Back