Quick Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kindbud

Grower
Reaction score
Ok ive got like 5 little girls going going to keep them inside on 24 7 light and was just wondering if 2 lights bout 2 1/2 inches away making oh most 2000 lumes in a 1' by 1' by 2' tall box be good enough to keep em growin for a half a month to a month????

maybe a half a month... they will start to stretch for light, get taller and stuff...this is not typically good, but isnt too bad, as long as you get more light soon.. get more light on them asap... good luck !! :bong:

i guess it depends on how big the plants are now. what type of lights? how big are the pots? how much space do they have to get taller before you run out of room? 2ft is kinda small but it could be done.

i have them hiddin in a speaker box is about 3 feet tall the light can go much higher then it is now and their only seedlings just poped up a couple days ago their about 2 inches tall starting on their first leaves ive got them in coke cans im planing to put them out in late feb just wanted to know if their make it

oh and the light are cool white lights the regular kind you put in your house hold fixtures but im planing on getting some floros that i can screaw into the fixtures

well those lights are worthless. you'd be better of sitting them in a window than using those lights.. jmo

yeah thats what i was thinking im going to get some compact floros pretty soon within the next couple days think their be ok till then??

Kindbud said:
yeah thats what i was thinking im going to get some compact floros pretty soon within the next couple days think their be ok till then??

When Slowmo said that those kind of lights are worthless, he really meant it. They may or may not be okay for a couple of days. I would recommend ghetting some CFLs as soon as you can. You are going to need more than better lighting--you are going to need some kind of fan(s) for ventilation and CO2 exchange.

yup worthless cool white light bulb lol got them under a floro now and a little computer fan in the box i turn on every hour or so their not streching anymore and i see alot of growth sence i switched the light their starting to grow hopefully they stay that weight till i put them outside in a couple weeks it looks like its going to start warming up on the 8th
8th- hi 65 low 39
9th- hi 60 low 40
10th- hi 63 low 45
11th- hi 64 low 41

I wouldn't put them outside until your nighttime temps stay above 55 or so. Getting below that really slows the growth. And there is the added problem of the short days.

yeah i got one outside right now in the ground just for the fun of it lol but im going to wait till like the end feb begging of march to put them out 1st day of march im gettin abut 12 hours of light i started my plants last year outside in march and the year before that

Latest posts

Back