Quitting Cigarettes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biffdoggie

Test Monkey (Moderator)
Reaction score
Anyone have any good tips for kickin' the tabacco habit? Throw it this way if you do!
Thanks.

I just recently quit.....coming up on 2 months now....

First thing i did was cut way back....the last carton i smoked (200cigs) lasted me well over 5 weeks....whereas i used to smoke a carton every 10 days or so

THINK before lighting each cig about these things...

1. This is not what i want
2. When did i have the last one? (if it was within the last hour you DON'T need one)
3. Cigs are gross
4. Cigs smell bad
5. Cigs are killing me

I kept thinking these negative thoughts continuously to make myself truely believe them. I promised myself when that last carton was gone i was not going to smoke another.

It was about convincing myself that they were gross and a waste of my money that made me finally do it....you have to change your mind set.

And i smoked weed A LOT during the first week...

I hope you can find the strength within yourself to do it....the strength is there....you just have to apply it ;)

Good Luck!!

Thanks Ldy, I appreciate the supportive words, that's the stuff that got me to the point of really trying to quit, Feelin' bad, spendin' money, killin' myself, all of these things are finally sinkin' in!
The money, although not the bigger concern next to a horrible death, adds up down here @ $5 a pack. I'm looking at buying a house and cig. money would be a house payment once a year!

5 bucks a pack is kinda cheap compared to here....man our government loves to tax the weak addictions of us....a carton with 10 packs of 20 cigs is 85 bucks!!! can you bloody believe that :eek:

so far i have already saved over 400 bucks.....

YOU CAN DO IT!!! you sound like me just before i stopped....its not as hard as you think....plan a lot of mundane tasks to keep you busy...yard work, cleaning up around the house...trust me...after 2 days without the cigs your energy levels are going to jump through the roof

Good luck man I never can quit I try and try no luck
tho one day tho Peace out

Yeah, the energy level, I never really noticed how they can actually drain you (if you smoke way too much like I do). Supposedly smoking strips a lot of vitamins out of your system also.
Keep at it KB, you'll get it.

in the words of my buddy, "quittin's easy, I've done it a hundred times", while he smokes.

LOL yeah Im going to try to quit this summer I hope i can
but prob wont been smokin for 3 or 4 years so i got to quit
soon or its going to be even harder

That is true, eleven years here and I am only 26, it doesn't seem to have been that long but that's how it goes.

Latest posts

Back