quitting tobacco!! advice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_medi_bud

the ant of doom
Reaction score
hey all! ive been of the ciggies for 26 days now and i still feel that i'm ready to crack!

i cant just go have a j...... as i have ran out and ive not started my next grow yet and i refuse to go buy a bag as it is substandard and sprayed with god knows what!

does anyone have any advice to help me through this??

aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

thanx in advance!

Drink lots of water, and go to quitnet for support, you don't have to do it alone, a ton of people willing to help, I've been quit for almost 14 years, I treated cigs like AA, one day at a time, I smoked 35 years, 10cents a pack at the commisary when i started, sheeesh 7 bucks a pack now, truthfully it was the money that motivated me, not health, I smoke enough meds to make up for it,, good luck with the quit,, remember quiting might take some practice, keep at it, keep quiting, if you fail a couple times hey, eventually it will happen, peace

Find something to do with your hands...fiddle with something. I learned to crochet...:p

ive been quit for over two years myself and you caan do it, just say no.if its something you really want then keep telling yourself that. good luck friend

Day 26 is good...... it only gets easier...... I ate starburst fruit chews by the 100's a week...... you made it this long DON'T GIVE IN NOW. Go walk it off.

Yo Ho Ho N,

Yeppers had my turn at it. You hang tough, and soon enough you will reap some serious rewards over it.
1. Food will begin to taste so much better.
2. You will start to smell so much better.
3. lungs need six months to pink back up.
4. You will start to feel wonderful soon.
5. You will have a lot more energy to use.
* I could go on and on extolling the virtues of quitting, and I know the folks here will agree with me.

Try eating crisp fruits when you feel that craving, not so much the drippy sweet kind. A handful of mixed nuts works well, and keeping yourself busy too.
Your close to it my friend, and remember these feelings of being hooked on one of the nastiest of drugs. One drop of pure nicotine on your skin will kill a human, and that is a booger for ya right there. It ought to help you to understand that you have been poisoning your own body, that is why after awhile you are going to start to feel so good.

Keep at it my friend, you have the strength, and you will make it. Don't ever look back at them coffin nails, but enjoy some good health.

KingKahuuna
:cool2:

Try Wellbutrin (Bupropion is the generic name). You will need to get a prescription from your doc.

It helps a lot of people by reducing cravings. It helped me tremendously. But it doesn't help everybody.

Anything that helps is better than going back to tobacco. You've come SO FAR. Don't screw it up now. You have some rough days ahead, but they will get easier and easier. And it won't be long before you feel completely normal without nicotine.

Don't fall for the "nicotine replacement" therapy. The gum, patch, etc. That just prolongs the eventual pain of breaking the habit. Studies show that cold-turkey quitters have posted the highest rate of being "quit forever".

Good luck. 26 days is GREAT.

Stay away from people who smoke. Don't go into the C store. Pay for your gas at the pump. Don't go anywhere you can breathe second-hand smoke. Don't go to bars.

Think of yourself as a successful quitter. Think of how poisonous tobacco is. Look at oral cancer and lung cancer pictures on the internet. Get in touch with a support group on the internet. Join a "quit smoking" message board, along with other people who are going through the same things you are.

I've been quit for 4 years. So I can tell you that you will feel normal without tobacco at some point in the near future. The length of time it takes is different for each person.

Exercise. Run. Jog. Join group exercise groups at your local gym. Sweat those last bit of cigarette chemicals out of your body. Drink LOTS of water. Get some hard candy.

Smokin is for real men
Lol
Jesting aside its a curse i wish i could stop but i actually like smoking.
T4

Time4Plan-B said:
Smokin is for real men
Lol
Jesting aside its a curse i wish i could stop but i actually like smoking.
T4

I've been there. I know. No offense to smokers intended.

If you ever decide to quit, just know it can be done. My dad quit at age 65, after smoking like a smokestack since he was a teenager. He's 78 now, and feeling very well.

For the smoking erge do bong hits for something to do with your hands learn sign langauge. Put the money you usually spend on cigs in a piggybank this time next yr you'll get to enjoy a new car

hello all!! day 27 off the demon weed today...and i feel a lot better! thats to say,not as bad as yesterday.

thank you for all your comments and advice..it gave me something to do instead of crave!!

Get outside and enjoy yourself...a walk, bike ride, whatever. Anything you can do to fill free time will help to keep your mind off it.

mr_medi_bud said:
hello all!! day 27 off the demon weed today...and i feel a lot better! thats to say,not as bad as yesterday.

thank you for all your comments and advice..it gave me something to do instead of crave!!

Glad you're doing better today. I've been quit for 4 years and 1 month, after a 32-year habit. Day 27 seems like a billion years ago. And it will for you as well, if you can persevere...and I know you can.

You are SO CLOSE to being a "forever quitter". Don't screw it up now by doing something stupid.

The nicotine ***** wants you back. She will do everything possible to trick you. She will tell you that "just one cigarette" won't hurt. She will tell you that since you've been quit a month, you can have "just one" to celebrate. She will tell you whatever you want to hear. The nic ***** will stop at nothing to get you back. She is VERY JEALOUS of your new-found freedom. She will stop at nothing to get you back and kill you from cancer.

Don't listen to her. She is a liar and a master manipulator.

SmokinMom said:
Find something to do with your hands...fiddle with something. I learned to crochet...:p
i hope you have a girlfriend!!! lol
2.5 yrs for me. never to smoke again. just say no! be active, eat chew stuff (gum) when u get a craving, go do something, 10 min later youll forget all about it. good luck:icon_smile:

Good Ideas all!!!
Another thing that will help to motivate you is to keep all the money you've saved in your pocket!!! When the 10's and 20's get too bulky (won't take long!!) trade them in for 50's and 100's...
When you get the urge to smoke pull out the roll and ask yourself, "Would burning this money make any sense at all?"
Best of luck!!

Glad to see you are still "clean" mmb.....hang in there.

Latest posts

Back