R.I.P. 1KW hps bulb!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturalhi

Hang in there!
Reaction score
Starting on 3rd flowering with same bulb, 1Kw hps, and it just doesn't seem to have the same intensity as before. A local told me they're good for about one and a half grows, which is when I noticed things weren't progressing as normal. What do ya think!

naturalhi said:
Starting on 3rd flowering with same bulb, 1Kw hps, and it just doesn't seem to have the same intensity as before. A local told me they're good for about one and a half grows, which is when I noticed things weren't progressing as normal. What do ya think!
I read that you should change your bulb atleast once a year. We are due for a new one ourselves.

Thats what I heard too, oh well the dye is cast! Went out and bought a Solar max from a local shop, hooooooey! my room's so bright I gotta wear shades!

Then he told me that I should buy 2 600's in stead of 1-1kw 'cause they're the same to run and that the industry hasn't made a 1kw ballast that lasts!? Thats a new one

"Then he told me that I should buy 2 600's in stead of 1-1kw 'cause they're the same to run and that the industry hasn't made a 1kw ballast that lasts!? Thats a new one"

Thas **, just wants to soak u for more money. Bulbs can be used for years... but most ppl go for 3 grows... after that the intensity drops HUGE... a lot depends on how how it gets and hot starts n all that kinda stuff.. if it is dirty it kills life too...

Well I see the girlies like the new light so I like the new light!

what have we learned? always have a spare on hand for emergencies.
even if you have to go without something else for a while, it's worth it.

RIP? your bulb was never alive, now please recycle it to the gardening store
it will cost you about 5 bucks but you;ll be saving

your
grandkids from cancer and saving some fish from being polluted.

Well in a perfect world u could swap em out each grow.... but thas a lil $$ Still cheaper then buying everything ur growing though!

Latest posts

Back