R O Filter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

woodydude

I was wondering if anyone can give me a heads up on this filter.
I only want one for my plants, it is not for the rest of my water supply.

hxxp://www.vyair.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=54

Thanks W

Yes I use one just like it you can get off ebay. Ive used mine for years with no problems and have very hard (800+ ppm) water.

These kind are great to just fill up a 5 gal bottle or whatever you use, I use a 20 gal drum.

Mine hooks to the sink and I just let the waste run down the drain and put the outlet line in my drum.

Alot of the extra stages are for taste like the carbon and pre filters and are a waste of money if its only for grows.

I love mine.

Thanks GD
I am not even sure if it will work for what I need, my EC is around .15 today and I just tested a bottle of shop bought supposedly filtered water which has an EC of 0.28!!!! Depends what is in the .15 I guess.
Peace W

woodydude said:
Thanks GD
I am not even sure if it will work for what I need, my EC is around .15 today and I just tested a bottle of shop bought supposedly filtered water which has an EC of 0.28!!!! Depends what is in the .15 I guess.
Peace W

Your water sounds fine, thats very low.

my EC of tap water is higher then that woody i dont see it being your problem

I am at a loss trying to work out what the problem is.
I am just back from the grow shop and another piece of doggy doo has landed. I asked the owner why he only stocked the 1l bottles of GH flora nutes and did not stock AN nutes, his reply was a shocker. No one bought the GH nutes and he was going to be selling off the stock he had (could be a bargain there) but it was the AN that shocked. He didnt stock them as the rep who supplied them also supplied other items, many of which were taken in a raid by trading standards as they were counterfiet!!!!!!! Aparently, he has it "on good authority" that AN nutes sold locally (I buy mine in the next town) are actually rip off Chineese nutes, not the real thing.

Now, this was a curved ball and leaves me wondering what to do. Stop using the store because he is full of shyte? Ignore the warning and carry on using potentially suspect nutes? Switch nutes?

I need a smoke and some thinking time!
Peace W

The next time I have to buy nutes I was going to give GH a try.
I was liking the AN stuff and the plants seem to be better than when I was using Ionic but there is just too much bull surrounding them.
The main problem with GH is sourcing them at reasonable prices, I would have to purchase online as they only have the 1l bottles in my local shop, I may get some for veg to see if I like them.
Peace. W

woodydude said:
I was liking the AN stuff and the plants seem to be better than when I was using Ionic but there is just too much bull surrounding them.
The main problem with GH is sourcing them at reasonable prices, I would have to purchase online as they only have the 1l bottles in my local shop, I may get some for veg to see if I like them.
Peace. W

1l bottles of a 3 part nute so its like 3l.

It should last quite a while, how many plants are you growing?

Growdude said:
1l bottles of a 3 part nute so its like 3l.

It should last quite a while, how many plants are you growing?

:yeahthat: I often buy the 1 qt size bottles and they do last for a while.

woodydude said:

For flowering you can try CannaBioGen DeltaNueve. Is from a Spanish company. Perhaps you have it there in Scotland. Good stuff.

Thanks for the interest guys.
I can get most nutes online if needed but I prefer to buy local if I can.
I can get Canna but have not really heard anyone "rave" about it despite asking what those I know who use it think about it.

I prefer to by large bottles of stuff because it is cheaper. I dont like buying 1l bottles on principle but to buy 5l bottles of GH stuff would be over £100.
I will give GH a try, i know a lot of you use it so it must be good. I have 2months supply of AN flowering nutes just now though so it will be the next time I need veg nutes I will make the switch.

Latest posts

Back