raise the ph in my soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hick.man

ONE HITTER QUITTER
Reaction score
hi, im six weeks into flower amd the leaves have been curling under and the ph of the run off from my potted girls is at about5.5, how do I get the ph back up to a 6.5 with out messing up my flowers? they are just potted in some black gold and im using fox farm nutes.
any suggestions?

You can easily and effectively measure the ph of the water/nutes. All you need is this hxxp://www.amazon.com/pH-Control-Kit-General-Hydroponics/dp/B000BNKWZY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303689776&sr=8-1

Using this kit includes 4 steps
-take a sample of water/nute solution using the included test vial
-add 3-5 drops of test solution
-determine ph by comparing the color of the water to a color chart
-add the included ph up or ph down until you reach the desired levels

A digital meter would be even better and won't cost much more.

To get your soil pH up immediately try top dressing lime.

i have a soil meter like this, but find it very finicky.

51IGu3RQO9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

heheh sounds good, I have a meter and I understand how ph works. Im just having a problem getting the ph of the soil back up to where it needs to be.

oh, sorry. saw you were a new member like me and assumed you hadn't figured out one of the few things that i had.

i just thought you could use the ph up in that kit to adjust your water/nute solution, which would, in turn, change the soil ph

Top dressing with lime and slowly watering it in is your best option. That soil probe meter is about the same as worthless they are very inaccurate

so'k jandi, I was actualy signed up a few years ago but they had a server issue and lost all my stuff. but im just glad they are back up. ths place is truly awesome. anyway, its better to just test the run off for ph and ppms after watering isnt it?

Yes hick man checking you run off will tell you the most about you plants growing conditions

a quick cheap fix to get your ph up is to use bakingsoda.only if money is tight or cant buy ph up soon.i dont recomend that you use it all the time

im not to sure the run off is low enough to be your problem.but there are people here more experienced than me.i had afrodite growing and the runoff was about the same and they came out fine

ozzydiodude said:
Top dressing with lime and slowly watering it in is your best option. That soil probe meter is about the same as worthless they are very inaccurate
:yeahthat:

To both.

Wet

Latest posts

Back