Raising humidity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newgreenthumb

Da Bagseedologist!
Reaction score
:confused: I managed to bring my humidity up to 40% from 30% by adding a bowl of water with air bubbling in it but I want to get it up to 70%. I really need help.

Why do u want it at 70%? Higher humidity makes the plants not able to breathe as easy... and higher humidity makes for less resin production.

I just want it higher during veg. I was told that 30% was not high enough. If 30-40% is good than I will keep it that. It was said that 70% during veg and 60% during flowering.

def. not. especially in flowering. if you have a good setup and plan on heavy buds, you dont really want more than 20% humidity in there during flowering. i use a dehumidifier myself. mold is a mother clucker man- its all bad.

i would personally just say 30-40 percent during veg. like kade said high humidity makes it much more difficult for them to breath and for ventilation to displace air.

high humidity also encourages infestations. much easier for larva to thrive.

pick up a little book from ed or george cervantes- im sure you could flip through and find some good info on humidity. -reading is free to- always do as much as possible

good luck tho

ob1kinsmokey said:
def. not. especially in flowering. if you have a good setup and plan on heavy buds, you dont really want more than 20% humidity in there during flowering. i use a dehumidifier myself. mold is a mother clucker man- its all bad.

i would personally just say 30-40 percent during veg. like kade said high humidity makes it much more difficult for them to breath and for ventilation to displace air.

high humidity also encourages infestations. much easier for larva to thrive.

pick up a little book from ed or george cervantes- im sure you could flip through and find some good info on humidity. -reading is free to- always do as much as possible

good luck tho

My humidity NEVER changes... ever... even when my hose came off and pumped 20 liters on my floor... never moved.. always 30... never a problem with the girls stayin wet.

good stuff- 30% is about your average household humidity though anyways-atleast along the west(i dont know about the rest of the world) . I usually grow more commercial strains. I had a bad accident with a whole crop, which doesnt go down well as you could imagine. so i just play it safe and keep it below 20 always.

you never worry about mold and mildew until it completely blind sides you. Pests too- i keep a hawks eye on my girls. if i even see one white fly im dropping temps to 50 degrees for a couple days.

some people just cant risk it. but yea definetely i would say max 40 just for efficiency's sake- but i would never personally recommend it or relate it to greater success with growth.

now propagation is another story.

How do you measure your humidity?

caribbean_smoker_20 said:
How do you measure your humidity?

With a hygrometer... you can get combo temp/humidity gauges at any wallyworld for $5.

Latest posts

Back