**rami's First Grow!**

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rami

Reaction score
Wats up everyone...im new here

this is my first attempt to grow weed..im using bag seed...i already started everything...i hooked up a 400w mh light for vegging...i have 4 growin pots.its day 2 today...the lights were turned on today...and all my 4 seeds sprouted...sizes--2-4 cm...

i have a some questions...

1-i kno the plants need water every 2-3 days....but how much water? and wat will happen if i water them too much?

2- heres a pic of the light...
i kno its too high but the light is like a (edit) heater! should i bring them up closer to the light?
http://i13.tinypic.com/2s10phy.jpg

3- it doesnt matter where u get the seeds...its how u grow them...is that righht?

4-its not time for nutes yet...but i heard bbout this worm casting **** instead all these fertelizer...how u do that?? do i just get some worms an throw em in there or what?

5- does every kind of bugs or insects hurt the plannts or is there certain types only?

6- i have one strong ceiling fan in the room...is it enough for ventalation?

heres a pic of the pots...are they good for growing or sould get bigger?

http://i14.tinypic.com/2h397gp.jpg

thank u...and any help is appreciated.

ps: much respect to Dr. GreenThumb on that beautiful journal...i really liked it and i saved the thread as a favorite :D

1 your plants dont need water every 2or 3 days. they need water when they need water like when the top of the soil is dry for seedling in small cups and in pots when its dry 2or 3 inches down if theyn really need youll know(droopy)
water enough so that a little comes out the bottom drainage holes.

what kind of light you got there hps or mh i hope if so get a thermometer and get the temp under the light you should be between 70 and 85 with 75 being ideal

you want to start with the light about 30 inches above and if stretch you bring it down a little at a time until you find out what you plants can take

you also want a fan on the plants to strengthen the stems otherwise the plants wont be able to support themselves

no nutes yet not until like 3 or 4 weeks depending on growth worm casting are worm poo and no you dont throw worms in there castings come from certain worms red wrigglers i believe. which you can buy but thats a little bit of a hassle now. most soils have enough nutrients for 3 or 4 weeks.

what soil are you using?

keep bugs away from your plants read in the sick plant part of this forum there are both beneficial and parasitic bugs for marijuana

your ceiling fan wont provide ventilation at all and it will stink in your room but in room that size ventilation is not a problem unless smell is a problem.

your pots are fine for now but if you want big plants youll need bigger pots

damn...i thought i had to water em way less than that..anyways..the light is a 400w mh...i dont know what kind of soil...but it has sponge rock...moss...and all the other crap...its black...but it looks clean...

how do u test soil acidity wit ph strips?

thanks for all the help man.

rami said:
how do u test soil acidity wit ph strips?
I would check the water run-off from the bottom of the pot after watering.

thanks mutt

i cant post pics now cuz the plannts are still small...and i only have my phone to take pics...but heres an update...

day 3
3 of the plants are growing good..except one that growing slower than the others...its stem is taller than all the others but has small leaves compared to its size... all the plants are groing taller...but the leaves are all growing at a really slow pace...

what can i do to speed that up?

and the contents of the water im using are..

mg/l
calcium 26
magnesium 7.2
sodium 14
potassium 1.6
bicarbonate 112.2
sulphate 9.9
chlorides 11.5
silicate 10
t.d.s 160

do these contents help my plant in anyway?

ill post pics when i can...thanks for the help.

day 4

heres some pics i took today of some of my plants...i think there is something wrong because the stems are growing longer everyday and the leaves are not really growing...

in the second pic..im goin to transplant the small one soon to another pot..

02112006(003).jpg

02112006(004).jpg

i have a 400w mh over these plants...can i add different lights like flourscents?

rami said:
i have a 400w mh over these plants...can i add different lights like flourscents?
I would just get some flourescent lights and put them under there for now until they are big enough to take the heat of your MH. By putting them under flourescent lights you can get the plants alot closer like within 2 or 3 inches which will lead to tighter nodes. ;) Good luck on the grow rami.

thanks TBG...tomorrow im buying a couple of fans to make the stems more thicker and blow on the mh light and the plants...and im goin get flourscents and just put em up there wit the mh and see what happens...

5min will have new pics up..

DAY 7

heres some new pics..wat do u guys think?

07112006.jpg

07112006(001).jpg

07112006(002).jpg

GROW ROOM UPDATE

i just put foil on the walls around the plants(all dull side)...and i put foil around the pots edges...the plant are glowing from that :cool: ...so now the plants are getting light from above, the sides, and from the bottom of the plants...ima try that for a couple of days...i think its gon help alot.

i tested pH today and i got a 6.3...

i put up another fan cuz the stems are reeeeeallly week...one plant tipped over so i had to put a straw and tie it to it so it would stand up..

heres a pic of the pots...wat yall think?

07112006(003).jpg

07112006(004).jpg

that mh light really fu%$ up my phones camera!

Whats up Rami. Your babies are coming right along and looking good. Are you gonna transplant them into other pots at some time or is that their final home?

Its coming along rami.
I would ditch the foil though and use white poster board or something. The foil and the MH will create hot spots. Foil reflects more heat than light. ;)

TBG...im not sure...i think these pots are pretty good..but ill think about it when they get a little bigger...wat do u think? u think i should transplant?

Mutt... i dont think the heat is goin to ever be an issue for me...even with the foil...i have two fans...one ceiling fan and one blowing on the plants...the room is ventelated really good..are the hot pots little yellow spots on the leaves?...cuz one of my plants has 2 very small yellow spots on one of the leaves thats been there before i put the foil..

anyways...its day 8 today...heres a couple of pics of some of my plants...and a pic of the whole grow room..

07112006(005).jpg

07112006(006).jpg

07112006(007).jpg

Whats up rami, lookin' good man...the 'hot spots' Mutt is warning you about is only seen by using infra-red screening...it is used by LEO from helicopters to find grow ops....Lose the tin foil man. Plants look good though..keep it up.

thanks for the comments..

ima keep the foil til tomorrow tho cuz i noticed the leaves grew a little bigger since i put the foil (yesterday)....but u think i should get the plants closer to the light now?

I also use a 400mh, I have a thermometer/hygrometer about 20 inches below the bulb that reads: 85* 40%...you just need to find your sweet spot rami..play with the distance untill you find it. What are your temps?

You could simplify this by doing as TBG advised and using flourescents for a while..this would be cheaper, cooler, and way more simple. IMO.

temps vary from 77-87 i dont kno about humidity..im not worrying about bills or money...everything is cheap were im at...i got the whole light setup for about 50$...electric bills are also cheap..

thhe plants now are about 20inch away from the light...im goin to try that for tonight..

by the way...the light has a glass refelector...im not even sure if its a reflector or not...but it covers the blub...u think i should put it back on or leave it off? does it really reflect light?

Latest posts

Back