Random seed on my bud?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzy-plant-eater

Reaction score
So two days ago i cut a small but nice bud off one of my cheese plants.
now when it had dried i put it in my grinder an found 3 seeds. so i went to investigate that plant when i had a look the top bud had a seed just finished growin on top now *** is happin. am not worries about it just wonna know WHY she did this seed thing?

Actually, you should be worried. If there are no males around that could have pollinated her, at least one of the plants in your closet is hermying--growing male flowers and pollinating the girls. This is an undesirable thing. This is generally the result of stress in your grow room, especially interruptions of the dark period while they are flowering or because of using bagseed that came from seeds made this way. All seeds made this way carry the hermy gene as a dominant gene and they are far more likely to hermy again. In other words, throw away all the seeds you find as a result of the plant hermying. In addition, when you are done with this grow, you are going to have to clean everything in your flowering space very well to remove any residual pollen.

if i post you pics can you have a look goddess as we looked very hard an still dont see an male sacks ANYWHERE?

Are you sure those aren't empty? That is just the preflowers. THG is correct, of course.. I would worry too, i just had a whole grow seeded by a hermi. it is horrible in my opinion. Some don't care, but i do.

How far along are your plants? If they are in the 4th or 5th week of flowering (or more) it's probably a late hermie. They hide in the buds and are, sometimes, impossible to find. Early hermies are up front and open. Late hermies are snuggled in between the buds.

My last crop hermied like this in the last few weeks and I ended up with about 30 or 40 seeds out of a pound of pot. I used to call that "Hermied Perfectly". LMAO My current grow has taught me that I will never say "Hermied Perfectly" again but..... that's another topic. LOL

If you're late in the grow I would just let it go. If you're early you might want to pull the hermie plant if you can find it.

5-6 weeks flowering so thanks for the info dude we feel much better. now one thing were does the famale seeds grow on the plant?

The seed grows on the bud. You see all those little round things in the bud that are the size of a seed but are just hollow? Those would be seeds if the plant was pollinated.

My current crop hermied like never before I have a couple plants where the entire cola is a giant seedbank. I'll take a pic and post it later so you can see why people don't like hermies. LOL

might not be a male 'sack' you're looking for.
seems there's different degree's of hermaphrodism.. some appear as a female flower with a male sack below. but some just shoot something we call banana's (they're bascially what's inside the male sacks if you've never let one go to full maturity ;) ) out of the bud.

they look just as they sound; like little yellow banana's.. have a look see if you find any of them.

here's a pic sensistarfan posted as an example;
attachment.php

Nice looking buds Plant eater.

thanks MR1 yeah i love how well there doing. but not long now 5 week all in i think bubblegum will be first then the cheese so yeehaa will keep posting pic when i can

This is what a bud looks like that was fully pollinated. This plant did not "hermie perfectly".

However, if you look at the second pic, this plant did "hermie perfectly". LOL If you look closely, you can see 4 or 5 seeds in it. When it's done and dried, it will be an ounce of pot with less than 10 seeds. There was a time when I was very happy to have those seeds. I have NEVER had a hermie like the first pic, before. EVER. And, I have purposely been growing hermies for decades.

Well, thanks to all of you, my hermie days are over. Seed banks rule. LMAO

View attachment troughs060614-7.jpg

View attachment troughs060614-6.jpg

A plant that is stressed will often "throw Nanners" which is a type of hermy where the buds grow normally but then the little pollen anthers (nanners) will pop out and pollinate the buds around it. Sometimes those nanners are sterile but more often they are viable. Do not use the seeds from them as the plants grown from hermied seeds will have a higher tendency to hermy worse.

Latest posts

Back