Random Thought Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a study at the University of Colorado, 121 people who got regular migraine headaches used marijuana daily to prevent attacks. About 40% of them said the number of migraine headaches they got each month was cut in half.

were you in this study big? Do you believe this to be true? I mean how would you know of you already use cannabis everyday? Could be worse if you didn’t maybe?

In a study at the University of Colorado, 121 people who got regular migraine headaches used marijuana daily to prevent attacks. About 40% of them said the number of migraine headaches they got each month was cut in half.

were you in this study big? Do you believe this to be true? I mean how would you know of you already use cannabis everyday? Could be worse if you didn’t maybe?

no , i was not in that study

but yes , i do believe cannabis has had a positive result in my life and i have read many stories on how migraine sufferers found some sort of relief

i have tried using cannabis during a migraine but to no avail

i see cannabis more as a preventative treatment

a little factoid about my cannabis use…..i quit for many years , life , family , kids , job…..

i had migraines back then when i wasnt using and took regular pain meds including the injectable imitrex…..

then my life changed , again , and i was reunited with cannabis , about 20 yrs ago….since then , the number of migraines decreased significantly

at one point in my life , on the average , i had at least one migraine a week….on the average i say because i would go a month or two with zero headaches and then i would get clusters of migraines

that is how i found out that i have a 50-50 chance of getting a rebound migraine if i took some opiates for relief , and they work , but , coming down gives me another chance at a rebound

i was so sick once with cluster migraines for about 30 days and i finally had to call an ambulance to take me to the hospital , i couldn't even drive

i hope that helps you understand where i am coming from

I can’t imagine having them on a regular basis. I’ve only had three in my life which I remember vividly. So I guess the the cannabis helps keep them at bay for you. Still getting them so often must take a lot out of you.

I can’t imagine having them on a regular basis. I’ve only had three in my life which I remember vividly. So I guess the the cannabis helps keep them at bay for you. Still getting them so often must take a lot out of you.

keeps them at bay for sure and ive had some really good runs , like i went a full year with only 2 full blown migraines , like vomiting and stuff , ER quality

i would say on the average for the past five years , i get about 6-8 a year….sometimes more , sometimes less

one is to dam many

keeps them at bay for sure and ive had some really good runs , like i went a full year with only 2 full blown migraines , like vomiting and stuff , ER quality

i would say on the average for the past five years , i get about 6-8 a year….sometimes more , sometimes less

one is to dam many
You are right about that. Two pillows squeezed on my head tight and a puke bucket until it’s over. Can’t imagine trying to burn one during the event. Id go for the pills every time just for some relief.

so yeah , it is always a good morning around here when i wake up with NO headache

and its a good thing too because i need to address the bindweed in my garden , burn a few brush piles since it is supposed to rain , and load up some trash and take it to the dump

i was supposed to do this the other day but i was derailed

so yeah , it is always a good morning around here when i wake up with NO headache

and its a good thing too because i need to address the bindweed in my garden , burn a few brush piles since it is supposed to rain , and load up some trash and take it to the dump

i was supposed to do this the other day but i was derailed
Nobody should have to go through that. Then again.....I sure could use a break from daily back pain.

Latest posts

Back