RDWC without electric water pumps..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripwhyt

Reaction score
Haven't done a thread online since 2015.. This will be a simple one with two 6 gallon grow buckets. With one 7 gal separate reservoir with a 7 gal feedback reservoir on top of it. Here are a couple pics from that thread..
I used two modified Waterfarms in that thread.. Each plant used a 315 watt cmh.. They gave 26 oz between the two plants in a little over 100 days from seed. The buckets used in this thread will be set up in the same way.. It's getting a little late for me so I'll just post the pics and be back tomorrow...
IMG_3043.jpg
IMG_3027.jpg

Been a long time since I started this thread.. Bad case of malware got loaded, and a bit of covid for myself.. Lucky just a milds case. not so much for the computer.. This one is using 5 gal buckets.. I was going to use 6&7 gal. buckets, then I realized not many people can source those larger buckets..
All, or most of the parts needed can be bought at H.D. The brown barbs I used were bought at One Stop Outdoor. The pass through I bought from Parts Express. It's not really needed, but it keeps your balls from falling into the bucket when you lift the basket to check the roots.. Seems everyone has a need to lift their girls skirt to check her roots.
To draw water from the reservoir a standing water column is connected to the reservoir.. The water level in the reservoir and the grow bucket, and in the water column are at the same level.. The top of the water column is higher than the water level.. The dripring pumps the water in the column from the reservoir into the grow bucket. Gravity returns the water in the grow bucket back to the reservoir. The dripring will move about 5 gal. an hour from the reservoir.. each bucket in the system will move 5 gal. from the reservoir with its dripring.... The 2&1/2 cut off riser is most important as it's used at different lengths.
I'll post some pics of how it's set up, and the parts used in each.
bucket.. Here's a front and back view, with the feedback reservoir sitting atop the reservoir.. The reservoir will have a valve that can be used to drain the system. After I post this, I'll post pics of the parts used in each bucket..

Attachments

• IMG_0434.JPG
    IMG_0434.JPG
    521.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0438.JPG
    IMG_0438.JPG
    516.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0435.JPG
    IMG_0435.JPG
    445 KB · Views: 0
Here's the parts in the grow bucket. the water column is thin wall pvc. The fitting it goes in is a 1/2 threaded to 3/4" slip. The mesh filter is a 5gal bucket paint filter.. Its rapped around the 2 -1/2 riser that's drilled to allow water to flow in.

Attachments

• IMG_0448.JPG
    IMG_0448.JPG
    429 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm kind of screwed up on how to post, I'll get it figured out.. I'll be back later with more pics.

If you google, Mixed hydro water culture coco perlite, you'll find a 7-year-old thread that started me with GH hydro waterfarms.. They just didn't have a proper grasp on the best way to move the water.. They quit making Waterfarms.. You can still find drip rings on Amazon.

my scrotum is fine thanks, the boys are still defying gravity for now... ;)
I'm trying to figure out how the water moves by gravity both ways or am I missing something...

my scrotum is fine thanks, the boys are still defying gravity for now... ;)
I'm trying to figure out how the water moves by gravity both ways or am I missing something...
Just be careful,dont want nothing happening to them..

• Love
Reactions: boo
Gravity doesn't move the water both ways.. The only way the water is removed from the water column is when the drip ring pumps it into the grow bucket. The water in the column is not connected to the water in the grow bucket.
I guess when you get old you start worrying about your balls sagging into the toilet water.. Is that what brought that to mind?

Last edited:
Gravity doesn't move the water both ways.. The only way the water is removed from the water column is when the drip ring pumps it into the grow bucket. The water in the column is not connected to the water in the grow bucket.
I guess when you get old you start worrying about your balls sagging into the toilet water.. Is that what brout that to mind?
Nope. How you constructed your sentence brought that to mind…

• Haha
Reactions: boo
Here's another 7-year-old, 2 container grow, without a feedback reservoir. I was trying to address another problem, heat. It worked out well but, was a real pia. Changing frozen bottles of water got old fast. Started with a,185-watt LED, ended with the last 2 weeks on a SUN System315. I don't think the 315 added anything to the outcome.
I have a propensity to switch horses in the middle of the stream, always looking for a better ride.
DWC Waterloo Scrog - Recirculating Reservoir - DS-200 LED
The scrog screen was only 18"x24", not the 3'x24" I wrote.. Smoking to much pot.

Last edited:
I guess when you get old you start worrying about your balls sagging into the toilet water.. Is that what brought that to mind?
I enjoy a good banter as much as anyone and was tempted to bring your wife into the picture regarding the knowledge of the last sentence you posted but decided to take the high road...;)

My toilet water is cold so I hold mine up.😂

Latest posts

Back