Re-veg technique

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maarick

Reaction score
hey guys i got plants that are going threw reveg
and i was wondering if you guys have any techniques
for making it get threw it fast.

i was thinking about it and realized
reveg isn't finished until the plant has grown out its pre-bud/flowers.
so what if you limb the lower scraggle flowers to help?
the way i see it, its less energy and time the plant has to waste.

so throw some ideas out

The technique you are saying about is called pruning. I dont know if they will reveg faster, but i know that it changes the way the plant grows.

Last year i put a couple of plants out to early and they went into bud then reveged on their own. This year i did the same,and waiting 4 them to revige (outside)but with little sunshine it's taking a little longer4 them to pull out this year.imoa. Just wait and in time you'll have one heck of a funny looking plant that you'll love.

Maarick said:
hey guys i got plants that are going threw reveg
and i was wondering if you guys have any techniques
for making it get threw it fast.

i was thinking about it and realized
reveg isn't finished until the plant has grown out its pre-bud/flowers.
so what if you limb the lower scraggle flowers to help?
the way i see it, its less energy and time the plant has to waste.

so throw some ideas out

No, trimming is not going to help. Your are operating under a misconception--the reveg has nothing to do with "the plant growing out its preflowers". What has made it reveg was the lengthening of daylight hours (since you are outdoors). Now that we have reached the solstice, the plants will sense the shortening days and start to flower. Outdoors, nothing can hasten the process.

Aside from the wonky leaf pics that Hick posted in another thread, I haven't really found many pics on "pre-flowering". My GDP clone did it, and I've asked questions, sent pm's just because I'm inexperienced and not sure what to expect. But literally, my plant has an easy ounce on it, covered in trichs, smells skunky as hell, and the hairs have turned orange over the last few days. Over the last month, since it went into flower, the buds have still continued to grow, along with the leaves. Are these buds going to go barry bonds on me once sept hits? Is this "pre-flower"? I just don't know what's going on with this one. Smells and looks great though a couple months early... haha.

mmmmmmm... "pre-flowers" are flowers which show 'before the inception of flowering', while the plant is still in the vegetative state.(i.e...."PRE") If you're dealing with formed buds, 'pre-flowering' has looong passed.

Peep these

P6240626.JPG

P6240617.JPG

P6240618.JPG

P6240620.JPG

P6240624.JPG

P6240625.JPG

Those look like the most confused plants I've ever seen LMAO.....but buds are buds and they look sticky

That's all the same plant. My GDP clone. Just tried to get different angles of it. And yes, it is SUPER STICKY! Guess my first grow I get the priveledge of an oddity. Just going to watch the trics and get what I can out of it I guess.

Looks to me as if it is revegging just fine. tons of single blades shows it's well on its way. Rule #1 with reveg. Patience. Even indoors they take a long time. but I have had some phenos of strains that wouldn't reveg. just kept on going.
Give it a shot of ferts high in nitrogen ;)

ok so you guys took my question
misconstrued it and turned it into something completely different
than what i asked

and let me clarify
my plants flowered out doors a while ago
now they are re vegging (i.e. producing single leafs etc...)

so my question is
"Will limbing the the lower braches of my re-vegging plant, help aid the plant in getting threw the re-veg faster?"

im sure alot of you havent ever dabbled in reveg
so i dont expect you guys to be 100% on anything.

"Will limbing the the lower braches of my re-vegging plant, help aid the plant in getting threw the re-veg faster?"

No. It might actually put it into shock and take longer to come out.

HempGoddess did answer the question, she said No also.

Wasn't trying to derail from your question man. THG answered it. Instead of making another, "my clone flowered early" thread, thought to just ask for more info or pictures on re-vegging, because im dealing with it too, kindo of. Wasn't trying to hijack since I already saw your questioned answered.

Maarick said:
so my question is

im sure alot of you havent ever dabbled in reveg
so i dont expect you guys to be 100% on anything.

Actually some of us have tons of experience in revegging. ;)
it offers no benefit trimming during reveg. reveg is very stressful on a plant. You do not want to add to that stress.
Feed light veg nutrients and it will reveg. the further along in flower it was the longer it takes to reveg. Some strains will not reveg and will continue to flower rare but has happened. (not counting auto-flowers)

Latest posts

Back