Read this and please help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rx7gtr07

Reaction score
So i have an Idea now on a box for my closet... It would be made and sealed with plywood.. It would be 2 1/1ft long, 2 feet wide, and 3 1/2 feet tall. The walls would be lined with aluminum foil in order to reflect the light which would be hung from the ceiling held by little chains or line in order to vary the height depending on the grow height. It will have a door in which i can open in order to see and take care of the plant. I would have the door so that it can be closed and the whole "project" will be covered so that no one can see it. and the smell wouldnt be excessive. I am also going to get that ONA gel in order to eliminate as much odor as possible. I will even open up the door about once every other day for it to be in the open air. This is going to be very secretive.. Do you think this will work?

untitled.jpg

Hi rx7gtr07 !! (puff...pant)

I was in a simillar situation to youself.
I only had 1.5ft W x 2.5ft D x 4ft H.
My first atempt was a simple box, with a door (full height), a 250W light,
and a 4inch air intake, and outtake.
The problem I found initially, was that the light just got too dambed hot in such a small place.
my next step was to introduce a coulpe on inline fans to push air in, through, and out of the chamber.
this helped, but still the heat came down.
so then I had the idea to enclose the light in its own air-fed box.
I use a total of 3 inlet fans, and 2 Outlet fans blowing directly over the light.
this is the perfect setup.

I have a Diagram of the setup I use.
if you would like a copy, please E-Mail me at [email protected]

Skinmaster

But what about odor control? is there anyway at all for no one to even be able to smell it?

without "flow through" circulation, no need for odor control. Dead plants don't stink..;)

One of the most overlooked, yet important factors of ID cultivation is circulation. Fresh air in...stale air out "continously". Opening the door periodically isn't going to do the trick.

Save the "aluminum foil" for the BBQ, it isn't a good reflectant. You're far ahead with a simple coat of flat white paint.

The ventulation setup I have, runs from my Window via ducting, inline-fans pump it to the Chamber, it goes through the Chamber, then it's is sucked into the LIGHT BOX by two Fans, and then forced out through the Outlet, back though more ducting to the Window and OUT.

This is the trick to not having to buy expensive Carbon filters

Skinmaster

Latest posts

Back