Reading while stoned.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

night501

night501
Reaction score
So i am an avid reader and am also a stoner.
I find that is is a totaly diffrent experience reading while stoned as apposed to reading sober.
I find that i get into the story more. Sometimes i will finish an entire novel in a day cause i was so into it while stoned.

Dose anyone else love reading stoned? if so what do you read?

I myself get into alot of psychological thrillers and mysteries. I have almost finished all of the alex celaware novels by Jonathan Kellerman, and i have read Stephen Kings "The Dark Tower' series like 5 times. I am always looking for another good book cause i go threw about 2 in a regualr week.
I know what your saying to yourself and yes i do have a life but i spend 4 hours a day on the bus to get to and from work.

night501 I read all the time blitz. I very rarely read fiction books. I read technical,scientific and history books.
One of my favorite fiction books are a series by carlos castaneda "The Teachings of Don Juan"

I have read that actually. A little long winded for my taste but it was a good read.
I read alot of nonfiction to but i generaly gravitate tward fiction. I guess it is just another escape from my dismal reality.

lol night501 I hear you. I also liked Clancy,Rice and others.I am one of those sick people that will go into a used book store and buy 20 or 30 books at a time.

I am the same way Hippy. I can't read at all when I am stoned. It takes me a half hour to read one page.

Night501, if you haven't try reading Lord of the Rings (you probably have). The way Tolkien creates a visual picture is unreal, though unfortunately I only read it sober :) And I read it long before the movie came out so I got the full effect (in other words I didn't see Elijhah Woods running around :))

i love to read,stoned or sober.i feel ya tho,when stoned i get into the story line,like i was there.all good.hell,i'm retired so i do what and when i want too,lol

HippyInEngland said:
Anyone else notice that you read the same line 8 times before your eyes eventually get to the next line?

I can really zone out on a sentence while stoned.
Who is everyone's favorite writers?
I still can't seem to get away from Stephen King after all these years.I've read the Dark Tower series like three stinking times now.

Nicholas Sparks, James Patterson, Maeve Binchy

And various romance novelists....lol.

"The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas A. Adams
best read ever....get the full 5-6 sub books all in one book.
......and the movie was a embarrasment.

I'm reading the Howard Marks Book of Dope Stories... Stoned most of the time...
Started the book in August... Still got another 100 pages left... Somehow I always fall asleep...
I love reading stoned though... Writing too... I guess that's why I spent most of my free time on this forum.. I can read Write and be stoned at the same time.. lol

I am a very avid reader. I especially adore fantasy novels.

I just read "Night Watch" by Sergei Lukyanenko, it was a bestseller in russia and was recently translated into english. An urban horror/fantasy type book. I enjoyed it. i used to date a girl who read Kim Harrison, she writes a series of novels about vampires and witches and demons, this whole parallel world. Embarrassing to admit it, but i read them and really enjoyed them, but i think she(Kim Harrison) probably has a larger fan base amongst women. I do enjoy reading high, but not at all when i drink.

Like above i stated that i am into jonathan kellerman, and stephen king. I also like john grisham, His law stories are good but i think that his works outside of his comfort zone where some of his best.(Highly recommend the bleachers and playing for pizza).
I really enjoyed just about everything by tolkien.
I will still to this day sit down and read an R.L. Stein Goosebumps.They are the books that got me into reading.
Basically i can read anything by anyone but i have to be into the story by the end of the second chapter or im probably not going to finish it.

That's what go me into reading too!(Goosebumps) My poor mom had to buy me a new one every time one came out when i was a kid. I'd love to read one now, just for old time's sake, my next visit to the bookstore i might pick one up. Are there still new ones being written or are you reading the one's from back in the day?

I have no idea if there are any new ones. I am reading older ones.
I dont buy books anymore, it got to be a very expencive habit. I love the library.

I read my college texts. I stopped smoking cus of probation for the moment and I noticed I don't stay as concentrated as when I was stoned.
Other then that I read Dr. Suess To my kids.

Latest posts

Back