Ready for flush?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmax

Reaction score
I see amber on the sugar leaves but none on the actual bud yet i dont know if they are cloudy or not?

Attachments

• WIN_20211003_10_17_00_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20211003_10_17_00_Pro.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 15
Are you growing with Chemical Nutes or Organic. Organic no need to flush. I flush 10 days out from my projected harvest. Indoors.

whats the difference?

on the Element Chart , nitrogen is N

isn’t N nitrogen the same whether it’s salts or chicken p o o p?

even synthetic nitrogen is converted from anorganic to organic form

Nitrogen fertilizer can have organic origin, such as compost or animal manure, or be produced artificially via the Haber-Bosch process. In brief, the latter consists in taking some nitrogen molecules (“N2”) from the air and combining them with hydrogen molecules (“H2”) in order to produce ammonia (“NH3”). When ammonia is diluted in the soil, plants can easily take up its nitrogen content. Alternatively, ammonia can be further processed to create more complex fertilizers.
1*LEXREh1psgu1Rry0qI4taQ.png

Nitrogen molecules in the atmosphere are extremely stable and hardly participate in any reaction. In the Haber-Bosch process, particular conditions of temperature, pressure and catalyzers enable the conversion of nitrogen into ammonia. In nature, nitrogen is assimilated from or released to the atmosphere thanks to some types of bacteria contained in the soil. Image credits: “Schematic illustration of the Haber-Bosch process” by Lorenzo Duso.
The Haber-Bosch process is essentially a technique to augment the rate of nitrogen transfer from anorganic to organic form. At first sight, this might appear a harmless technology, just one of the many inventions of chemistry. In reality, altering the natural balances of Earth is ultimately never a smart choice.

I have flushed too soon before. Nutrient back up and went for another 2 weeks and flushed again. Guessed wrong and I even had a loupe. Finished OK but guessing wrong on my timing hurt my terpene profile some. Not totally ruined but Everyone who shared in the smoke thought it was slightly yucky. This was on an auto and I was using a cut back from the recommended mixing instructions.

Salt buildup is in the soil causes the plant uptake problems. Flushing the salt out of your soil will allow the plant to be able uptake properly. Flushing does not remove ferts from your plant. Its not a straw that if it stops sucking up nutes shit drains out. The ferts remain in the plant material and flushing will not remove it. Guess you could starve your plant the last 3 or 4 weeks where it cant uptake any ferts but it wont remove anything thats still in the plant that the plant hasnt used. Dont believe me ask a Botanist.
The only thing i can see flushing do is clean the soil to where the plant cant find any nutes to use which to me makes no since to stop your plant from swelling up as much as possible before chop. I have smoked weed they claimed to flush and it tasted like fking dank. I couldnt see what the difference is.
Anyway. To each his own. Thats what freedom is all about.

They say a proper flush improves the smoothness of the smoke. I’ll try both thou. I got 3 plants I’ll flush one and keep 2 nuted to see if there’s a difference. How about the 48 hour darkness before chopping? Do y’all see a improvement by doing so?

Couldn't hurt anything to have the 48hrs of darkness.

And by the way I'm not dogging anyone that wants to Flush. Its their weed they can grow it anyway they want. Im a science guy and i do a ton of research. If you talk to a honest to god schooled and studied Botanist you will see what I'm talking about. Plants dont react that way. Once that plant has taken up the nutes they are stored in the plant material. That cannot be flushed out. But like i said to each his own.

H.ell,,,, ppl have been carrying Rabbits feet for years for luck. Poor fking Rabbit wasn't lucky. Now he is hopping around on one foot. 😁

Last edited:
But maybe the flush gets rid of the nutes in the medium so that the plant does not have anymore to absorb and then slowly burns off what they already absorbed. Just an idea. But then I have heard that you don't want to starve your plant.

So I guess when I harvest the leaves should still be greenish since I’m feeding until the end.

Pretty decent being it’s my first time growing

Attachments

• 488F3DFC-3B21-43CC-88B6-22B42CDF6599.jpeg
    488F3DFC-3B21-43CC-88B6-22B42CDF6599.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 11
  • BBBF8670-58D5-4B26-B0F7-E67703A83484.jpeg
    BBBF8670-58D5-4B26-B0F7-E67703A83484.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 11
I will say this. Plants naturally stop nute uptake at the end of it's life cycle and focuses on pollinating. Why feed a plant that isn't eating ...... The plant will continue to bulk up trying to pollinate. I have strains that the buds double in size after you quit feeding.

But flushing is a pain in the arise. If you can't tell the difference wht do it. I can do I do.

22.8 c / 62 humidity good for drying? Thinking about using my closet for the drying process and that’s what the thermostat reads inside my closet

Flushing is a myth.
Depends. I tend to ramp up bloom nutes towards the end and get minimum amount of burn, the flush always relieves this for the finishing time at the end. That's why I do it. I don't know what is absorbing what, but relieve the burn it does.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back