Realistic yield from grow box?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Four hundred million pounds.

If you rent an apartment you should be VERY VERY careful. or not do it. jmo

to many varibles to give you an answer,could get an ounce or 2 pounds.

In general, grow boxes are terribly over-priced and over-hyped. You can build a better setup for a fraction of what grow boxes go for.

However, it is impossible to even hazard a guess as to yield.

Although we can't predict your yield we can tell you like THG already said, they are over priced and you can pretty easily build your own for less and get better quality components.

LOL--I can tell you that the box you linked in your other thread with its 150W light is not going to produce anywhere near 16 pounds annually. Anytime I see things like this where the manufacturer is outright lying, I shy away from any and all products that they might sell.

If you are handy and have tools, you might want to build your own box. You can often scrounge materials for nothing. If not, tents are great--and I see that you are considering that route.

Yea seemed a little far fetched lol this is why I ask. Already have learned a lot in the last couple days from this forum, thanks!

i no longer build anything. as long as I have a table to grow on, i just get cardboard to make walls and paint it white. long ago, i would bring wood sheets and go through the tedious job of building a closet when really all I need is a lightweight opaque reflective cover.

Tent tent tent... LOL

I love the tent concept. Why build a box when a tent (or like Zem said, paper/mylar/cardboard) makes it so easy.

I personally prefer a box because of the solid walls and given my choice, I prefer that for my grows. Hanging all the stuff you need can be somewhat problematic in a tent. However if you are not handy, like to move your grow or take your grow down, a tent is the way to go. If you have access to scrap lumber and have tools you can build something that is exactly like you want. I also feel a little bit of trepidation using something like cardboard with a high powered HID light.

I personally prefer a box because of the solid walls and given my choice, I prefer that for my grows. Hanging all the stuff you need can be somewhat problematic in a tent. However if you are not handy, like to move your grow or take your grow down, a tent is the way to go. If you have access to scrap lumber and have tools you can build something that is exactly like you want. I also feel a little bit of trepidation using something like cardboard with a high powered HID light.

Yes cardboard is flammable but so is a tent or wood etc... I keep all wiring on brick walls and suspended in the air. I use cable covers when needed even caulked it in cases to prevent O2 from entering the tube. the cardboard is mainly the wall which reflect the light from the sides.

I use the tents with the waterproof lining so that when my hydro system overflows and fills the bottom of the tent in 6" of water, it submerges all of the wiring and connections to keep them cool while everything is on :eek: :doh:

I use the tents with the waterproof lining so that when my hydro system overflows and fills the bottom of the tent in 6" of water, it submerges all of the wiring and connections to keep them cool while everything is on :eek: :doh:

That's the best advise I have heard yet!!!....lmao!!!

While wood is flammable, decades of soldering has taught me that it takes quite a bit of flame to start wood on fire, especially compared to cardboard. A large wattage light can fall and sit against a piece of wood and probably never ignite it....not so with cardboard.

Hushpuppy, you have been on a roll lately. I laughed about your comment on using your bulbs for 5 years.

Latest posts

Back