recycling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j2x

Reaction score
As a first time grower (with just one plant, a "test") I'm curious if I can trim the bud off of the plant without killing it and if I can keep the plant alive, how long will it take before it flowers again? I'd think that the plant would be larger and therefor produce more bud the second time around, but there must be some reason to clone. Where is the efficiency?

Thanks.

Hey man,
You just really asked two questions.
To recycle a plant. You have to Re-Veg it. you harvest 2/3 of the plant mass. Leave the bottom with fan leaves and some buds. Put back under 24 hr. lighting and switch to veg. ferts. You may have to do a little root trimming.

OK the effeciency in cloning.
You by-pass the seed stage and sexing stage. This garuntees females. If done right you can harvest every 2 months.
It takes 4-6 weeks to establish a mother plant. then you keep her in veg all the time and just take cuttings. root the cuttings and flower those.
Google "Sea of Green".

Note:
I take a cutting about week 5 and flower that. that helps me determine sex. This makes it so I don't have to rev-veg a plant which takes up to a month. I throw out the weaker females and males and run with the best. From my mother I harvest 2-4 ounces every two months under a 250W HPS and keep my mothers under florous in another cab.

Latest posts

Back