red hairs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grama42

Reaction score
Hello growers i was wondering if any one knows why my WW have red hairs they have a while til harvest:watchplant: :joint:

plants carlina 49er dress 014.jpg

plants carlina 49er dress 015.jpg

plants carlina 49er dress 018.jpg

plants carlina 49er dress 019.jpg

just could be something in the phenotype...

...looks like something special to me :hubba:

Any chance she has been pollinated? Pollination can cause the hairs to turn red/dark early.

the first pistils to form are the first to wither. Some are faster than others. The other option is they caught male pollen.

THG beat me

there is only ladies in my grow can ladies pollinate ladies? lol we had a pretty cold night could that be a cause?

Sometimes a male flower can show up on girls.

Gonna Eat That? said:
Sometimes a male flower can show up on girls.

yeup...

we had a pretty cold night could that be a cause?

were they whiter before? ...cold can cause the "purps". usually you'll see it in the stem before it hits the pistols.

grama42 said:
there is only ladies in my grow can ladies pollinate ladies? lol we had a pretty cold night could that be a cause?

Ladies can produce pollen sacks that can pollinate themselves and other ladies. Where did you get the seeds?

How cold is pretty cold?

The Hemp Goddess said:
Ladies can produce pollen sacks that can pollinate themselves and other ladies. Where did you get the seeds?

How cold is pretty cold?
i got the seeds from Nirvana i always get Feminized seeds hxxp://www.nirvanashop.com it got around 36-40 cold

Femmed seeds certainly have more of a propensity to hermie than not fem seeds. Do you know wha nanners look like? You might want to give your girls a good looking over, however nanners can hide deep in buds.

Cold generally gives more of a purple look to the buds and leaves than the hairs turning red. There can be other reasons that the hairs can turn colors prematurely, but I can think of no others now. Is this a temporary early cold snap or has winter come to your place? We are getting down into the high 30s and low 40s at night where I live also.

The Hemp Goddess said:

:banana:

^nanners are nothing to dance about! ...but some say the seeds will be mostly fem'd. :rolleyes:

mr_chow said:
:banana:

^nanners are nothing to dance about! ...but some say the seeds will be mostly fem'd. :rolleyes:

"some say" taxes aren't high enough too... :p
" hermies procreate hermies"
allowing hermies to reproduce is, in reality, 'selectively' breeding FOR that most undersirable characteristic.

mr_chow said:
that could do it...:eek:

why so cold; outside?
the weather is crazy all over but i live in the northern mountains now its going to be hot again............

The Hemp Goddess said:
Femmed seeds certainly have more of a propensity to hermie than not fem seeds. Do you know wha nanners look like? You might want to give your girls a good looking over, however nanners can hide deep in buds.

Cold generally gives more of a purple look to the buds and leaves than the hairs turning red. There can be other reasons that the hairs can turn colors prematurely, but I can think of no others now. Is this a temporary early cold snap or has winter come to your place? We are getting down into the high 30s and low 40s at night where I live also.
it was just a cold snap... tks so much for your info

Looks like an interesting expression. Temperature or pheno could make them look that way. Doesn't look like a pollinated plant at all to me.

Be interested to see how they finish out grama42. Hope you share pics of her finishing out.

Latest posts

Back