Redrum's Vault of Pics, GrowLog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So begins the Sour Bubble spree:
4x Weighted Blanket (SourBubble BX3 iX) - Expecting very inbred Sour Bubble traits
4x Chem91 x SourBubble BX3 - Expecting interesting hybrid results. Love both Chem and SB, first chance to grow either.

I work a very small space, around 2x3, so I usually only work with fems. This is the only time i've been willing undertake the hassle that is working with regs in my limited space. I am hoping for 3 good females total, so i started 8 total seeds. If any males are particularly impressive, they will be kept, but likely not.

Here's the epitome of what I expected the genetics to display, from day 1: the C91xSB on the left looking like your average hybrid, but the WB on the right looking thick, short, and dark.
WideWBnormalc91SB - Copy.jpg

Below: C91xSB on the left, WB center and right. Sticking with the theme: C91SB tall and vigorous, WB short and slow vegging. 4 weeks veg
C91SBandWB - Copy.jpg

Below: 3 C91xSB left-center, 1 WB far right. Vigor vs slow veg, 4 weeks veg
c91vsWB - Copy.jpg

Below: group shot of 4 C91xSB (rear), and 3 WB (front) aging. About 6 weeks of veg in this photo, and they have been topped twice, which significantly slowed veg. It is not recommended with SB based genetics, but I am giving it a try anyway, because I exclusively grow SCRoG style; don't like dealing with the traditional single-cola SB shape.
C91SBandWB#2-4 - Copy.jpg

Below: C91xSB #4, #3, #2, #1. #3 was culled soon after for being a less-vigorous male, and #4 is soon to follow. As you can see, #2 and #1 to the right are the clear winners. 6 weeks veg
C91SB (2) - Copy.jpg

Below: WB #2,#3,#4, 6 weeks veg. I was told topping would take make the slow veg of SB be even slower, but I did it anyway (twice). The legends are absolutely true, but I wanted my SCROG, no matter the cost. It'll probably take another month to get them to my preferred flowering size. High patience required.
WB#4-2 - Copy.jpg

Below: WB#2. Look at the length of those petioles!
WB#2 - Copy.jpg

Below: WB#2 and #3. True to SB, absolutely massive fan leaves, bigger than the plant itself at this point. One showing a normal green, and other showing influence of the "black pheno"
20230511_093318 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
On to WB#1, the scout, who was started 2 months before the rest, around day 10 of flower. Vegged for around 10 weeks, topped twice. By far the most vigorous of the inbred Sour Bubs, which isn't saying much.

WB#1day10f - Copy.jpg

Likely not going to be an impressive yielder, but only a fool would choose an inbred Sour Bubble line as a big yielder.

I feel like the pic below is most color-accurate, it looks much more blue than green.

WB#1day8f - Copy.jpg

WB#1day10f (2) - Copy.jpg

Not particularly accurate for color, but it conveys the extreme bushiness of it. Absolutely 0 stretch 10 days into flower.

Last edited:
All 3 younger Weighted Blankets are looking male, but it's still early. Was hoping for fem, but they're so unique as breeding tools I will take the opportunity to save pollen.

More pics soon!

All 3 younger Weighted Blankets are looking male, but it's still early. Was hoping for fem, but they're so unique as breeding tools I will take the opportunity to save pollen.

More pics soon!
Post pics of them if you need help making the M/F decision let us know as you get closer.

Post pics of them if you need help making the M/F decision let us know as you get closer.
Appreciate that!

Will give it a try later. Most of them have enough preflower showing to decide, the question is whether I can get a steady enough shot of something so small. As I've said, I'm used to fems, so I rarely check preflowers at such an early stage. No expert here.

Last edited:
Looking like the younger generation of 4 C91xSB and 3 WB are all male. Still on the early side, but if so 0/7 female would be a bummer, I'm 2 months behind now, my perpetual will have a big gap in it.

That's the risk you run with regs, I guess. I thought starting 7 seeds hoping for 2 females was excessive, I didn't want to risk wasting any more seeds on females I didn't have space to keep.

Definitely going back to my standard "fems only" after this one. No hate on those who like regulars, and certainly not hating on the genetics, but with my limited space, it's just not worth risking that amount of time, work, soil, water, nutrients, and light to have 0 bud.

Looking like the younger generation of 4 C91xSB and 3 WB are all male. Still on the early side, but if so 0/7 female would be a bummer, I'm 2 months behind now, my perpetual will have a big gap in it.

That's the risk you run with regs, I guess. I thought starting 7 seeds hoping for 2 females was excessive, I didn't want to risk wasting any more seeds on females I didn't have space to keep.

Definitely going back to my standard "fems only" after this one. No hate on those who like regulars, and certainly not hating on the genetics, but with my limited space, it's just not worth risking that amount of time, work, soil, water, nutrients, and light to have 0 bud.
How is your flower tent set up?

Latest posts

Back