Reduce harvest time 6/12 light cycle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hemp Goddess said:
:eek: Why would you ever want to do that to a magnet?
it's all about the 'magnetism'...:p

haha well I was referencing this god awful song made by a group of red neck rappers that paint their faces called the insane clown posse, its pretty entertaining

hMPp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs

here a copy of whats written on the page on this link:

hMPp://www.intelli-cycle.com/information.php

I know its from a company website, but I saw other people talking about it as well. I wonder how this would pertain to vegging because marijuana can grow with non stop light cycle.... so no dark period is necessary.

I have a grow that I am going to have to harvest early(no other option!) and I was looking into ways to speed flowering so I can harvest on time with as little effect to potency as possible... I wasn't expecting to find a solution but i came across this:

Growing with an 18 hour Day/Night Cycle

The Theory
The theory behind the 18 hour Day/Night cycle is that during a normal 24 hour light cycle plants will usually acheive high growth rates peaking at 100% capacity during the first 50 - 60% of the day. The growth rates will then diminish rapidly and the last 20 - 30% of the day acheives minimal growth. So by reducing the length of the day we are triggering an increased growth mode where the growth rates are at their peak for the majority of the day. This effectively achieves a very fast growth cycle with full yield potential.

NOTE: To achieve these incredible growth rates it is important to provide maximum light intensities and CO2 enriched conditions. The recommended lighting is 600W per square metre.

The Cycles
Vegetative Cycle - Lights ON 14 hours
Lights OFF 4 hours
Flowering Cycle - Lights ON 6 hours
Lights OFF 12 hours

The Benefits
The growth acheived during an 18 hour cycle can be the equivalent to that acheived during a 24 hour cycle. So by running 18 hour cycles the same growth and yield can be acheived in 75% of the time.

Reduced day lengths also mean reduced power consumption. Grow more and use less power. Who can argue with that?

For example, an average crop grown from seed using a 24 hour day/night cycle will have a 4 weeks grow cycle and an 8 weeks flower cycle. This equates to 28 days @ 18 hours a day and 56 days @ 12 hours a day = 1176 hours of light over 12 weeks.

An accellerated crop using an 18 hour day/night cycle will achieve the same yields using a 3 week grow cycle and a 6 week flower cycle. This equates to 21 days @ 14 hours a day and 42 days @ 6 hours a day = 546 hours of light over 9 weeks resulting in a 40% reduction in power consumption and a 25% reduction in crop time.

Anyone come across this before? Thoughts?

sMACk

Well... I'm have tried it. Am doing it. It's a timer problem. Once you solve that. I noticed some differences, one in the yield (that was really due to lack of light or I should say lumens now, I fixed that problem by adding more)a and the other in final product that was the first time and I didn't have a 24-hour one week timer so I would just move my timer forward 6 hours everyday. However I would forget quite often and then that would actually be just taking steps backwards. Those were my first couple trial runs. and neither time did I have the proper nutrients that I should have been giving them to begin with. Now I've got the food, now I've got the space in the lumens oh, now I have the timer, now I have the drive and focus more than ever and currently they appear to be growing 25% faster currently. In a month results will show. I even live in a state where we're allowed to grow 6 in veg and 6 in flour my plants and flower use that light cycle and I can use a rotating system that I have came up with and with rotating those plants I plan to yield 8 oz per plant harvesting to plants every 15 days adding to plants into the first part of the grow room rotate everything and should yield 2 lb a month. Anyone want to see the results email me back at [email protected] and I'll show you my results, well so far it's my trials.

And sMACK... Very well written and simplified I wish you lived in Colorado. We'd put this in to fill effect and change the game. Don't let the haters distract you. most people are going to tell you something can't be done just because they know that they can't do it. Don't let the limit others put on themselves become become your reality. If you think something can be done oh, nothing will be denied the one that won't be denied. In order to climb the mountain you have to take the first step... Blah, blah, blah, all of those and all the other cliches. Bottom line- I bet all of those people above that said it was a dumb idea started convincing you as a dumb idea or probably buying, illegally even, some brick weed from some drug dealer around the corner named Ray Ray (theynot that there's anything wrong with the name Ray Ray my cousin's name Ray Ray, and the fact that he happens to actually sells drugs in his life is just a coincidence, he needs to get straight but that's not the point... The above been ablementioned haven't probably have never got a grow off the ground themselves. Plain and simple. Do it! Try it!

You realize this post is 5 years old? sMACK doesn't come around much and not too many folks going to jump on your band wagon. You have no credibility at this site, why would anyone believe anything you say? A link to your email could be a cop trap!!!

It doesn't matter me. I don't know him. Or you. And I don't care. I've done it. You have never tried. Did I mention I don't care what you think. Your ploy to goat me into something by saying "no you can't" won't work. I get the "prove it" to you part. I was narrow minded once too. Open you mind. Start by closing your month and listen. You can learn, something, from everyone. What to do, or what not to do. But everyone... Oh... And guess what... Did I mention... I don't care. First and last time at "this site"... Rookies anyway. Grow on

Latest posts

Back