Reducing stretch in early flower?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justafarmer

Reaction score
was wondering how many people leave their MH lamps in during the stretch period and then switch to hps?

I do have an eye horti 600 super hps, and its lumens output rivals the 600 mh conversion...I think the hps is 85,000 and the mh/conv is 55,000 lumens.

so, should i opt for the more lumens, or keep the mh spectrum to keep the stretch down?

I have always just swaped to the hps right at flip but want to try to reduce overall height if this theory is solid.

Can anyone attest to the truth behind this?

Funny you should ask. I just changed mine out. I have 2 lights over my plants currently. One is a 400wHPS and the other is 600w (was MH but now is HPS). I honestly couldn't see any difference from when they are switched to HPS at the flip. They are still stretching a lot.

Thanks Hushpuppy,

So how long did you have the 600mh on after you flipped?

Thanks again :)

I had it in there a full week but couldn't tell much difference. I wasn't trying to do anything special, I just didn't have a chance to change the bulb for the first week of flower as I had it vegging some under my scrog to fill it up.

Latest posts

Back