reflector

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marywanna

Reaction score
If i remove the reflector on a 400 watt hps...and just have the light bulb...would that reduce my lumens?

will it still let out a okay amount of lumens for 2 plants

I also had another question....My friend just gave me 4 100 watt cfls that are 10,000 lumens each. This is kind of a noob question..but although a hps and cfl has the same lumens isnt a hps better? Because im going to be flowering soon and i was wondering since i already have these (40,000 lumens) do i have to buy a 400 watt hps? or can i just flower with these cfls

Also the 400 watt hps is going to cost me 110 with the ballast and everything is that i good price

HPS is still better because its a better spectrum for the plants, and $110 is a very good price IMO...mine was $230 for a 430watt

Marywanna said:
I also had another question....My friend just gave me 4 100 watt cfls that are 10,000 lumens each. This is kind of a noob question..but although a hps and cfl has the same lumens isnt a hps better? Because im going to be flowering soon and i was wondering since i already have these (40,000 lumens) do i have to buy a 400 watt hps? or can i just flower with these cfls

They may compete as far as lumens, but CFL's don't have the canopy penetration a HID does. Soft White CFL's do have the more reddish spectrum for flowering which is good if your gonna go that route. HPS is still the best for flower though. but check out Insanes BnB grow as he grew under High powered grow CFL's and his grow came out great. So I can't say that it can't be done with CFL's.
and $110 bucks is a great price for a 400W. IMO as well.

Latest posts

Back