Reflux columns for producing 190 proof ethanol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have SS beer kegs
I just have to rip the ball valve out and it will be ready to clamp a tower on
I was wondering do I need the temp/gauge in the barrel as well or just in the tower?

Only in the head to monitor vapor temperature, but I monitor both the pot and the head temperatures.

It is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, I just ordered it, that was fast!

Bubba

Say, will a copper column work as well? I thought I would duplicate the collumn height you used and stuff it with copper material they sell for the purpose.

Bubba

Say, will a copper column work as well? I thought I would duplicate the collumn height you used and stuff it with copper material they sell for the purpose.

Bubba
I want your plans and Mat list when you are finished please

Bubba
Copper works fine and has the advantage of helping remove any sulfur compounds. You can also use copper wool rather than stainless turnings in the packed column.

Also check out Raschig rings.

Last edited:
Take lots of pics and maybe do a thread , Im for one am very interested to see it work
I too want to build one but I need plans now
That's cool checkout the craft distilling forums.... Just like here, but about moonshine.
I will show what I come up with.

Get yer shine on!
Bubba

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back