relief for chemo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenfriend

ganja farmer
Reaction score
i posted in mj testing/effects and got no replies, anyone here got any info?

hey everyone, wondering if some med users could recommend what kind of mj/ concentrates/ edibles works best for post surgery pain and chemotherapy, and gaining appetite. my mom is undergoing surgery to remove cancer tomorrow. she is a nonsmoker, against taking pills/powerful painkillers like Vicodin, etc. or for that matter anything harmful like alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, sugars, fats. Im even having a hard time convincing her that mj could improve her quality of life, and be beneficial to her recovery. Does vaporization work better for pain than edibles? Also what kind of dose is appropriate for a 110lb woman who never uses mj.

I have plenty of experience with medical mj, but no experience with cancer. Thanks

No doctors around here I dont believe GF. So kinda afraid to touch on the matter.
But if it helps. THC is mainly mindeffect. CBD is more body.

Something like Great White Shark, The Doctor, or White Widow by Green House is very high in CBD, While not being to overwhelmingly "heady".
Greenhouse usually list the content of both THC and CBD. So Id check with them and their listings as to the content you are looking for.

Deepest regards to you and your mom. I went through the same thing about 9 years ago. My mom had surgery for ovarian cancer and did'nt deal well with the prescribred meds. My older brother and I both suggested she try Mj. She basicaly freaked out . Her exact words were " and I suppose you two will be around when I'm a heroin junkie", we busted out laughing. When she finally accepted that the prescribed meds were'nt working she gave in and tried MJ.
Keep in mind this is a woman who's been a nurse for 35 years and has always been totaly against any drugs not prescribed. She begrudgingly atmitted that she felt a million times better after smoking. Since then she has become a total advocate for MMJ in the state of R.I. (she's still opposed to smoking for recreational purposes, one step at a time). If nothing else give her an MJ brownie or butter her toast with canna butter, once she feels the relief you can tell her whats up, and have a conversation about doing what helps regardless of what's legal.
Once again best of luck to you and your mom.

Latest posts

Back