Reported THC Overdose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnin1

Reaction score
From TMN

The National Marijuana News
Published on Jul 16, 2019

Listen to Christine Sclafani talk about the recent Newsweek story about an unfortunate woman who passed away and the coroner announced weed was the cause. Nobody on record has ever died from THC, weed, cannabis or whatever you want to call it. The Louisiana coroner suggested that her death was due to the high concentration of THC in the oil the poor young woman was vaping. Let me know what you think down in the comments.

Nobody on record has ever died from an overdose of THC, weed, cannabis or whatever you want to call it. It’s never happened, until at least a Louisiana coroner recently decided to announce to the world that he had discovered the first case. I am Christine Sclafani for TNMNews and this just bothers the **** out of me! Sorry, this is a family show and not only am I swearing, but this is also very morbid.

I read about this in a recent Newsweek story. According to Keith Humphrey’s, a former adviser of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy, Americans use weed billions of times each year and if deaths due to overdoses could happen, statistically that would mean that if 1 in a million of those sessions resulted in an overdose death, we would see thousands of cases each year. Stop trying to link marijuana to opioids. They aren’t the same thing! The Louisiana coroner suggested that due to the high concentration of THC in the oil the poor young woman was vaping, that her death must have been caused by respiratory failure.

That doesn’t make sense! Opioids connect to very critical and centralized areas of our brain that control breathing, which is often the reason why opioid overdoses result in death. There aren’t any endocannabinoid receptors in that region of our brains. It really sounds like just one more gimmick by the opposition to me. Let me know what you think down in the comments.

This is terrible fear mongering propaganda. Why they gotta lie?
It is true however that thc can momentarily paralyze the cilia. If she'd never smoked before and hadn't experienced the air being shut off she may have had a panic attack on top of it. I'm no medical expert but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't cause acute respiratory failure.It would have been smarter to say she bought a poorly made impure oil than to say the thc did her in.

Just more propaganda form a police state,trying to justify their particular brand of injustice. A Sheriff in that State once claimed a "dry drowning" in a child abuse case to cover it up, no one has perished from respiratory failure due to cannabis use "nuff said".

Latest posts

Back