Reputation....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Reaction score
Well, I was going to post this in the suggestions and comments box but figured it would be seen more in the Coffee table section.

MarPassion has been hard at work. The site is only a year old this month (I think). I am sure he will elaborate incase I make a mistake in this post.

He as added reputation points. This means that the more positive reputation you receive the more reputation points you give are worth. There is a little green dot under your name. some members have two. Others have more. This is a scale that empowers each one to give reputation on a point scale. It also makes it so they get more rep. for the good vibes they give in return. (AKA accurate info, positive contribution to a thread, etc. what ever YOU feel deserves a positve rep.)

Now, There is a negative rep. please hold back on that one if it is a moot debate. everyone is entitled to an opinion. respect it whether you disagree with it. but if its a blatant mis-information, then do it.

Now, New users do not have any reputation points to give. but it doesn't mean its not worth giving it. It is a good jesture for someone helping you out or something along those lines. Remember it is sort of "the more you give...the more you receive thing".

OK the run down. The scales next to the online or offline dot (green for online and gray for offline). Click that and it will prompt you to give reputation to that user.

To see who has given you reputation go to your user CP. (user control panel). It will list all new reputation given to you.

The little green dot under the users name is how much that users reputation is worth. Sorta give you an accurate depiction of the persons posts history for accuracy. If you put your mouse arrow over it it will give you a remark.

Now no flying off the handle if it is not what you think it should be. give it time. It just came into affect. Catch up on some rep. spreading. It will catch up. ;). We all know who is who. and who deserves a lot of it. Just give it time. the ones I am refering to will rack em up in no time. So no ** over that. (I know I ran around for an hour giving rep to catch up. still am not done).

Here is a pic of rep. giving and the other is what the status is of the user.

Thanks MarPassion for setting this up. and most of all thank you for giving us a place to hang out. ;)

reputation.gif

reputation_pos.gif

cool ,,,never ment to cause problems .was st. pattys day was a little drunk needed something to ***** about again very sorry ,,,,peace ,love ,rastafari (realy dont care what it says under my name as long as it says rasta on top )

hey rasta....a valid "*****" IMO. This "Rep'" thing will greatly help new members in their deisgnating between "torbo posters"..and truely knowledgable/helpfull posters.
You were 'drunk' on St patty's Day?...for shame, for shame..;)

thanks man ,did not mean to show my ass like that ,peace,love,rastafari

dred.. don't be so negitive.. you'll get wrinkles when you get old

dear god, i just looked at the thread in the recently forum things.. and i'm like.. i didn't reply to this did i... and i opened it and sure enough i did... oooo drink another one pranic... anyway yeah i'll be playing catch up with repuation now... anyway...yeah.

Just curious, am I still too new of a member to give rep. points? There's a lot of you out there that have helped me and my girls a lot so far and I'd like to be able to say thanks by means of rep points.

Your Never To New to tell people Your Cool and you helped me so much :)

I know:) I tell them in every thread I have. Just thought the rep points would be a nice gesture.

i am pretty new too (well my reg date is older...but i lost the link for a while...stoned moment for sure :rolleyes: )

but i will most definitely hand out some rep

Ok I still can't figure out how in the world to give Rep Points. I'm either too high or just too stupid to figure it out.

you see that lil scale thingy budz... click it on the persons post you want to rate :) easy as pie

LOL ok so it was the latter of the two... Sorry... Blonde moment ;)

Latest posts

Back