Research paper on benefits of marijuana in bringing us together?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panegrass

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm doing a research paper on how the benefits of marijuana promotes social cohesion (pretty much how it brings people together) by using Howard Becker's article of Becoming a Marijuana User. He does a 3 step thing where he talks about the 3 steps of how users begin to relate marijuana to pleasure.

This pretty much sums it up as simply as it can

hxxp://www.public.iastate.edu/~s2005...3(feb09)bw.pdf

but if you want to read the actual article

hxxp://www.soc.washington.edu/users/brines/becker.pdf

Now my questions that I need you guys to answer is:

1. When your with your smoking buddies, what about the marijuana makes you guys come together and enjoy it?

2. in your opinion, what are the positives of Marijuana?

3. Why do you think we haven't made any progress in Marijuana reformation

4. How do you guys feel about the article?

5. Is the article still relevant in today's society? Would you guy's still use these steps?

6. Do you think it will change in the future?

7. And lastly, do you guys think marijuana promotes Social Cohesion

You don't have to answer all of em, but if you guys did it would help alot, also if i get alot of answers for them that would be awesome as well.

Thanks!

All I know, if I'm at a party and light a joint, the party moves my way...

we don't use bad language either...;)
#1.. maybe it's the finger touching when we "pass"... :confused2:
#2. well, I haven't killed anyone yet :aok:
#3. big gov' .. "nanny state".. "We know what's best for YOU" ;)
#4. No comment. I failed to read it. (never was good at assignments, sorry)
#5 see #4
#6 I'm sure it will. If nothing but the price, it will change :)
#7 "Social Cohesion".... no. Though it may make you a friend or two, if you have a nice fat sack :eek:

Sorry paininthegrass... I just can't help not being too serious. :comfused2:

haha sorry for the language, but no no, any answer helps, even if it isn't serious. Thanks

panegrass said:
haha sorry for the language, but no no, any answer helps, even if it isn't serious. Thanks
THANKS... you do seem like a good sport. Maybe some of these old heads will help you out with your survey/research.

panegrass said:
1. When your with your smoking buddies, what about the marijuana makes you guys come together and enjoy it?

Hardly ever smoke with anyone.

2. in your opinion, what are the positives of Marijuana?

It's medicine and allows me to live a better, more productive life. It helps regulate my blood pressure, helps me keep my weight down and I don't drink like a raging alcoholic, instead I hardly drink at all.

3. Why do you think we haven't made any progress in Marijuana reformation

Same reason Galileo spent the last 30 years of his life in prison for daring to say the sun and not the earth is the center of the universe. Absolute ridiculousness.

4. How do you guys feel about the article? Read a few paragraphs and got bored with it quickly.

5. Is the article still relevant in today's society? Would you guy's still use these steps?

Not really IMO, I think the medicinal benefits of MJ are much more relevant. The drug is classified as a Schedule A drug and as such and real research on it is very limited.

6. Do you think it will change in the future? No

7. And lastly, do you guys think marijuana promotes Social Cohesion
No, but it IS medicine for millions and millions of people the world over.

You don't have to answer all of em, but if you guys did it would help alot, also if i get alot of answers for them that would be awesome as well.

Thanks!

Please see above for responses.

I hope so, I'm just waiting on your guy's input and I can start writing. Thanks

Latest posts

Back