Respect: The Main Force with Marijuana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganj

Reaction score
I have realized over the years that the main thing in the whole marijuana game is one word, respect. If you are not a respectful smoker, you are not going to find yourself going very far with other smokers, and could possibly lose your hook-ups because of it.

The first major rule about being a respectful smoker is the big one. NEVER rat. Unfortunately, many people will rat the first chance they get. I know a few narks. Suffer for your own actions, don't get someone else in trouble to save your ass.

Another major rule in being a respectful smoker is the sharing issue. Now, it's different if someone only calls you if they want to get high for free, and never wants to be your friend any other time. But if it's someone you regularly smoke with or who regularly gets high and doesn't happen to have any on them, it's all about sharing. Smoking should be about the peace and unity between smokers, and sharing is one of the biggest things contributing to peace and unity.

And then of course, there is trust. Trust comes down to NOT ripping people off, not ratting like stated above, and no stealing. Some people will steal if they know where a stash is. Some people will rip someone off if they don't think they'll notice. This should not be happening in the game of pot. Share the experience with others, don't try and jip them out of it. Stealing someone's bud? Plain ignorant. They'd probably share it with you as it is!

What else do you think contributes to the respect involved in the drug game?

Well, Concerning the more "commercial" side of the herb thing, respect for the herb is extremely important. Those who begin to treat it just the same as selling blow, booze or even fast food for that matter are just not doing it right.
Charging people way too much for good herb, being greedy, carrying guns and generally running around behaving like a "gangsta" involving MJ is entirely ass backwards and negates the whole purpose IMO.
Luckily these are usually the people that wind up goin' down for their lack of respect, especially here in SoCal. where we have these types everywhere.

hmmm im a smoker who is very very strict about respecting other smokers...not like some people i actually kno who call me and ask if i have bud and they never contribute at all and then say "oh can i call you back later?"...that shit pisses me off...i always smoke out my good buddies who always smoke me out as well...and pinching someones stash is just straight out wrong

I know I'm bumping this but I never read the responses.

It's hard to find the right place to be exactly when it comes to dealing with other smokers. Some people expect a lot from you but don't expect to give you anything in return, which is when it's time to break off. Then there are the people that don't smoke much, but when they want to get smoked up they will come to me. These people are some of my friends and while they can't exactly repay me back with bud, they find other ways like with alcohol or food or something like that.

Smoke mostly with people you trust and that you know respect you. I don't deal with shady people and I've been able to develop somewhat of a front to be able to understand whether or not people are shady before I actually even admit that I smoke pot. (Which I don't)

Yeah, I've been toked up everyday. For some reason my freinds get extra freindly around Christmas and new years. I wonder if it has anything to the free 1/8's I give out every year. :p
I figure I keep 8 freinds...that 1 ounce every christmas. Seems to put all my freinds in a great mood christmas day. :D
My little circle always lives by the rule...what goes around comes around. ;)

lo, new here, first post.

Respect - does one also not need to respect weed itself?

Student said:
lo, new here, first post.

Respect - does one also not need to respect weed itself?

Welcome to the forum. I think thats a given round here man. "Marijuana Passion". Respect would be an understatement. ;) We are a forum of moderation, and professionalism. I'd read around man, you'll see what we are all about.

:48:

Terrific thread Ganj, and I gotta say, there are a lot of freeloaders. A lot of people that don't understand what goes around comes around. And honestly I think that's one of the most important points, and anyone who has bought any amount of ganja knows about this. One time someone who didn't really know me too well, but has smoked my bud a lot before and never has his own cheeba, asked me if i wanted to get high. He didn't have any of his own hooch however, so I replied with "I'd love to man." I went to my car with him, smoked two bowls myself, and left. Didn't mean to be greedy or anything, just wanted to get the point across.

My little circle always lives by the rule...what goes around comes around.
^^^The golden rule where I come from ^^^

I remember when I just started out smoking.I used to freeload on my buddy all the time but it was because I didn't know where to buy or how to roll.I felt bad and kept begging them to show me how to roll or clean>just so I can contribute.Most of the guys I smoke with are cool and bring a lil something when they come or I bring something where I go.But u gota let people know when it's getting out of hand

Anyone have a friend that smokes TOO much for your tastes? I mean, I love getting high but sometimes I have school work (some school work I can do high, but a lot of what I've had lately is stuff i should probably stay straight sober for) and I'm not paying like a billion dollars in college to blow off the classes to get high. But this guy is always asking to smoke and then gets bugged when I don't want to because I'm busy with something.

Latest posts

Back