Reveg Autoflower - Is it Possible?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CannabisKidPot420

Genetically you are here but so is marijuana
Reaction score
Hi everyone I have a question,
Can you Reveg an autoflower - Is it possible?

[EDIT]
I just wanted to know if anyone has ever experimented trying this?
I thought I'd just throw this out there and to know if anyone has tried experimented by doing this before.

Thanks!.
CK

Last edited:
True autos have a finite life span. So, no, autos cannot be revegged. I'm not sure this is something that would be worth experimenting with. Revegging can take a long time and be hard on the plant--the plant grows quite funky for weeks before it gets things straightened out and growing normal. Most people do not reveg unless they discover they have an outstanding plant they do not want to lose.

NO! do you not understand what autoflowering means?
Hi umbra,
What do you mean?
Please explain because I personally never grow an auto so I'm just starting to learn about this type of strains. I am a pro when it comes to lightphoto plants but to me autos are all new to me and are a totally a different beast all together and look pretty challenging from what I have read up on them online in google search. So I am totally new to this type of auto strains thing. I never grown an auto to be totally honest with you all but I am totally willing to learn about them more and I am keeping a open mind about them to!.

I plan to maybe order some seeds that are autos probably by next month but want to learn more about them here then what's being talked about them elsewhere because I personal am somewhat confused about the different things that I have read about them on the web.

I know as a small experiment I know that I can take a clone from an auto to gaining more bud yields but they won't last long but that's just me with the love of a challenge and with experimenting to gain from hands on learning by trying it.

As far as reveg idk I personal would love to giving it a try at least once as an experiment to learn something from it.

I mean WTH if I have already harvested the plants why know putz around with a little clone to see what I could learn from it?

I am totally really not or would not be to concerned about it with it either becoming a hermi or male because if it became all male I would bottle up its pollen but as for hermis I would just trash it because that's personally never with experimenting with and would be a total waste of time and money on my electric bills lol

I plan to buying girl scout cookies cross x cream blue dream cross autos fems,

From GanjaSeedsAmaze seed bank or from green genetix seed bank

What's your guys thought on this please let me know?

I had a boss that used to tell us not to try and reinvent the wheel. Autos have a finite life. To try and clone them or reveg them just says that you don't really understand what an auto is. Taking a clone from an auto will not give you more bud yield. In fact, it will most likely result in lower yield as taking a cut will stress the plant. It will spend time trying to repair itself instead of growing and budding. There is nothing to learn from trying to reveg an auto. You will harvest and it will die. It will not reveg. Autos have a finite life.

Autos are created by crossing good cannabis with ruderalis, basically ditch weed. This was done simply to make it easier to grow. You sacrifice a lot when you dilute the genetics like this. personally believe that autos are a pox on cannabis genetics. Seriously, if you are proficient at growing photoperiod plants, why would you ever want to mess around with autos?

I had a boss that used to tell us not to try and reinvent the wheel. Autos have a finite life. To try and clone them or reveg them just says that you don't really understand what an auto is. Taking a clone from an auto will not give you more bud yield. In fact, it will most likely result in lower yield as taking a cut will stress the plant. It will spend time trying to repair itself instead of growing and budding. There is nothing to learn from trying to reveg an auto. You will harvest and it will die. It will not reveg. Autos have a finite life.

Autos are created by crossing good cannabis with ruderalis, basically ditch weed. This was done simply to make it easier to grow. You sacrifice a lot when you dilute the genetics like this. personally believe that autos are a pox on cannabis genetics. Seriously, if you are proficient at growing photoperiod plants, why would you ever want to mess around with autos?
Well just out of curiosity really but yeah I know what you are saying is true but from what I have read about is some strains can pull this off such as the lowryder strains that were the very first autos to ever hit the markets but they lacked in potency and bud yields but since then have come a very long way from sensi seed bank.

However I just wanted to throw my thoughts out there regarding that and to see what could be learned from it.

I truly thank you for understanding and for your plant smarts, keep the green thumb rollin girl!.;)

[EDIT]
knowledge is power

CK

Last edited:
I harvested a couple of critical purple autos at the beginning of july. It was a beautiful summer afternoon so wifey and I trimmed the plants out on the back deck. I left the carcasses on the deck in their pots planning on disposing them in the woods later on. Well a week went by and I found those carcasses had new growth on them. Hmmm didnt think autos did that so I decided to just leave them on the deck in the sun to see what happens. Currently both plants are covered in buds and look to be ready for havest again the second week of October. Not sure if it's a fluke but I am not arguing. Zombie plants look like they will be good smoking! I will post pictures if anyone is interested.

Reveg I’d say no but you could just harvest the buds and see if any grow back. I chopped a outside plant and it had 2 leaves left. In November a month later I happened to be near it so I looked and there was a dense nug better than the buds I harvested probably just due to conditions or maybe I took it to soon. Was about 15 years ago. Plant may just decide to die to but who knows. Don’t know if anyone’s tried it. My guess is if you get anything it won’t be much.

I cloned an Auto just for the hell of it one time. Clones looked great but never got over 6" tall and had little tiny buds on top and that was it. I was laughing at them because they remind me of what ppl call a runt in a liter of pups.
Your wasting your time clonning an Auto. Its mother only lives so long and its clones wont live much longer then her because they have to root,,so they dont have time to grow buds like the mother. Its in the genes and a waste of time,,plus as mentioned above you slow down the mother that is already on limited time when taking clones from her.

I cloned an Auto just for the **** of it one time. Clones looked great but never got over 6" tall and had little tiny buds on top and that was it. I was laughing at them because they remind me of what ppl call a runt in a liter of pups.
Your wasting your time clonning an Auto. Its mother only lives so long and its clones wont live much longer then her because they have to root,,so they dont have time to grow buds like the mother. Its in the genes and a waste of time,,plus as mentioned above you slow down the mother that is already on limited time when taking clones from her.

Strange - I have always topped my autos at least once, often twice to encourage branching and kept the tops for clones. I always felt it a waste to throw away the tops so I always grow them. These have always grown to a decent size. Not the same size as the mother but usually 2-3 feet with decent bud.
Pictured is a clone off my current Tangerine Dream mother, has a while to go yet, it's just starting too flower.

I am going to give reveging a go after harvest. I don't have anything too lose and while so many people say it can't be done perhaps they just weren't successful.

Attachments

• 97559205_835975690228301_4281058199030726656_n.jpg
    97559205_835975690228301_4281058199030726656_n.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 237
Never seen a clone from a true Auto do what your talking about,,but guess with the new Auto strains it might be possible.

Latest posts

Back