Rev's Summer Garden Salad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverend Willis

Senior Crackhead
Reaction score
While I'm closing out my thread on WW and WWxBB, I am continuing here with my perpetual garden efforts. This segment of the grow is a variety of strains. Both seeded and cloned plants are growing under the 400w HPS under 12s. I did very short vegging this time out... except for the clones. They took 5-6 weeks in the clone box. I transplanted all 5 into 2 liter bottles and threw them into the general garden under 12s. They immediately kicked into the 'stretch' and I let them go for 2-3 weeks and then transplanted up. 3 are in one gallon pots while the other 2 are in 2-gallon pots.

The goal of this grow is... more good dope. Hey, that's why we do it. I am changing addresses in 2 weeks with a short (3 miles away) move. I'll be in a small house. I'll have to move my plants to the new digs and get them set up. I might harvest a week early on some plants to cut down on numbers of plants. We have to be adaptable as growers. One of the most important criteria is the gardenability factor. I'll be able to continue a small closet-type grow at the new place.

1. Here's the general layout w/ the 400 hps.
2. In the corner to the left is my 125w cfl (blue spectrum). When I introduce young plants to the room, they get a seat next to the CFL until they are ready for the HPS.
3. This is a WWxBB girl at 5 weeks. I grew her from a seed. She was vegged for 17 days and then thrown under 12s. She'll be "giving it up" to daddy Rev in 3 more weeks. Yield will be short due to veg time.
4. This is a WWxBB clone. It came out of the clone box and has been growing in a one-gallon pot.
5. Here are two ICE ladies at 3 1/2 weeks. I started them as seeds under 12s. They are about a foot tall now.
6. More clone buds due in 3 weeks. BM or WWxBB. I'm not sure. I've got 5 total.
7. In the clone box, I have 4 more BM clones. I'm growing 2 of them and I'm giving 2 to a pal o' mine. He's growing BM outdoors already and has been fighting with the weather. :( I remind him how nice the weather is inside. :D
8. More pix of doobage.

SS 723 grow space.jpg

SS 723 125CFL.jpg

SS 723 WB plant.jpg

SS 723 wb clone.jpg

SS 723 Ice.jpg

SS 723 clone bud.jpg

SS 723 clone box.jpg

SS 723 bm clone.jpg

Rev you have got one very nice garden right there. That Blue Mystic sure does look good. Great job man, great job.

Really nice buds there rev. I've got a BM in veg right now myself.
Can't wait to see what kind of uyeild you get from her. ;)

Mutt said:
I've got a BM in veg right now myself.
Damn Mutt! You gotta quit crappin in the garden! That's nasty man!

Hahahahahaha

Hey Rev, that WW x Big Bud looks delicious man! I have burn marks all over my monitor now from trying to light it.

Great job man!

So you're doing a continuous grow also. How does the timing on yours work? How often are you planning to harvest?

I'm doing 8 plants each 15 days with no trimming or LST or anything. Is that how you've done your WW x BB?

I've never tried it before man. I've talked about doing it for lots of years but just never did it. Now I am, and I don't have a clue what to expect.

My old way of 4 plants every 16 weeks was good for about a pound of cured weed. It will be interesting to see what 16 weeks of this new method produces.

Good luck to you man. I hope it works great for you!

Thanks, BG. I think I'm gonna like this 400 hps.
Mutt, last time I grew the BM, I got 66 grams from 3 plants. They had 250w CFLs start to finish. Those BM plants were moved from hydro to soil after 4 weeks. It is a sweet tasty smoke. I didn't veg these BM clones. I just threw 'em under the lights.
Stoney, your questions are not sinking in because I'm too stoned right now (WW). I have no major plans on the perpetual garden. Some folks say get some plants in the ground every 6 weeks. I want to try 2 big plants at a time using 5-gallon buckets.
Yeah, I didn't do any LST on these plants. I'm letting these stretch and run. When I get into my new place, I hope to have room for a bigger veg space so I can get some fatter colas.

I'm in the new place and have temporary grow spaces set up. My poor plants have been subjected to 4 days of my timer screwing up. I'll be surprised if they don't hermie.

Since my last post, I've harvested 3 BM clones @ 56 days and 2 WWxBB clones at 63 days. The dried bud from these 5 averaged 12 grams... 60 total. I've had some of each curing for 3 weeks. The Blue Mystic is a very sweet toke going down and a pleasant blueberry taste on the exhale. It also has quite a nice kick. It rates a solid 8 on the potency scale and is listed as a "white" strain by nirvana. I grew the BM before but I think it is tastier this time around. Maybe it is the summer weather that makes it seem tastier.

Still growing in the garden are 2 Ice plants, 1 WWxBB, and 4 BM clones. None of these had any LST or training of any kind cause I was busy moving. I'll get some pix up soon to show the girls. I also have a gorgeous WW plant in my vegbox under 125w of CFL. She is going to give me some clones real soon and I'll veg them for my next grow.

At some point here, I want to slip in a couple of Skunk Special seeds I have remaining. I'd love to add a nice SS mother to my BM and WW moms. Those 3 strains would make a nice rotation in a perpetual garden. I think it would be a good idea to continue practicing on these strains to get better with them.

I wanted to add some pix of the girls and update the Summer garden. It has been a nice summer down south in my neck of the woods. We can ***** about the heat and humidity but it's been a good one. My thinking might be skewed because I've had some nice buds to smoke. The last yield was some of my tastiest, thickest yet. I'm still growing the SAME strains I've been growing for the previous 8 months but they are beginning to look and smoke a little better than the former grow attempt.

Pic 1 shows 4 fat buds at a distance. These are the first clones I've had to go the distance under my new 400 hps. 2 were Blue Mystic. The other 2 were WWxBB. The BM tastes more sweet and berryish than it did last time. Several people have commented about the nice flavor. That goes to prove one point... give people free dope and they'll tell you what you want to hear.
The WWxBB needs some curing to get a better taste/smell. Right now it smells like cat piss on an old gym sock that fell behind the locker for the entire school year. Uh-huh. I think you can smell what I'm saying.

Pic 2 is my BM mom. She's ready to deliver 4-5 more clones. She is the first plant mom I've had and she's been easy maintenance.

Pic 3 is my last fms WW seed. I've been dragging this plant around from house to house for 6 weeks now. She's looking healthy so I pulled 4 very nice clones from her last night. She might be mom material.

Pic 4 shows the 4 WW clones. These gals look 200% better than when I tried to clone from unhealthy plants. Big, big difference. That was a good lesson to learn.

Pic 5 is a WW clone that is FINALLY growing. This was taken from the sick, WW at 4-5 weeks into flower. It had to get well and THEN it had to re-veg. I must have taken 2 dozen clones from that sick plant and this is the only one to make it.

So, the summer garden continues to have plants of various ages -- keeping with the general idea of a perpetual garden. Only problem I've encountered with the perpetual garden is that I'm perpetually stoned. Why do you think they call it dope? :cool:

SS 808 4 fats.jpg

SS 816 BM mom.jpg

SS 816 fms WW.jpg

SS 818 4 clones.jpg

SS 816 g.jpg

Everything is looking great there Rev even the little clone on the bottom. Whatever your doing keep it up man your ladies are loving it. ;)

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Everything is looking great there Rev even the little clone on the bottom. Whatever your doing keep it up man your ladies are loving it. ;)
You know, Bro Gee, maybe it's what I'm NOT doing this time around. I was so busy these last few weeks that I took care of the plants and put them on auto-pilot. I left them alone and they are doing fine. That 'little clone' is gonna be my big mama widow maker one of these days.

The footprint of my new closet growspace is 2 ft X 2.5 ft. That gives me 80w per sq ft of garden space under the 400 hps. I'll be growing in different size containers - 1-gal, 2-gal, 3-gal, or 5-gal. I can go with the flow and whatever size is called for. This closet is going to be my Flower Room. I have 7 plants in there. 4 of the plants are BM clones @ 3 weeks flower. Also I have a WWxBB that is finishing and also 2 Nirvana Ice plants that are filling out. The Ice and WWxBB were seeds that started under 12s so they are short.

I took 5 clones from my Blue Mystic mom tonight. They look good but I won't bore you with that. This will be the 4th time I have grown BM (my first grow was in January). I gotta confess I'm kinda likin' this BM stuff. It's basically an easy-growin' Skunk with that smooth, sweet berry taste. It's a good daytime-anytime smoke. What I want to do with these new 5 clones are to veg them awhile and see what they wil do with extra veg time. The last 2 times I grew them, I put the clones straight into 12s after they began rooting/growing. In my Clone Box, I have 4 WW and 5 BM.

In my Veg Box, under a 125w CFL, I have my BM mom, a 6-week old WW and my 'little' WW that has come back to life and has been delivered from Superthrive Hell.

I'll add pix this week.

Here's a pic that is representative of the buds I'm getting from my garden right now. These are 2 of the 5 clones I harvested recently. I didn't weigh the final product but I'm pleased to be getting buds of this quality from quick clones. I didn't veg these clones at all. As soon as they started roots, into the flower room they went for 8 weeks.

The BM on the right side has nice skunky buds. It already has a pleasant blueberry taste. The WWxBB needs a bit of curing to help its taste. Until then, I'll have to aquire a taste for rancid cat pee.

SS 820 buds.jpg

Looks great Rev. We will be over later today for some bong hits. ;) Great job on the grow man enjoy the bud.

Here are a few pix of the operation down on the Rev Farm.
Pic 1 is my clone box with low wattage cfls. I have 4 WW clones on the right and 4 Blue Mystics on the left. They are the future of the farm. I'm gonna veg both strains for a few weeks before they go under the HPS.

Pic 2 is my Mombox. The BM mom is on the left. The small one in the middle was that "miracle" WW baby that almost died. The one on the far right is my WW @ 7 weeks. I took the 4 clones from this plant and continued to let her veg.

Pic 3 is a WWxBB that is almost ready to harvest. I'm letting it get a little thicker before chopping. I grew this one from seed started under 12s. This strain definitely benefits from some veg time. I also have 2 Ice (Nirvana) girls that will be ready to go into jars soon. I'm going to re-veg one of the Ice girls and try her as a mom. I don't have any more Ice seeds so I'll try to keep her going after harvest.

SS 821 clones.jpg

SS 821 MomBox.jpg

SS 821 WWBB.jpg

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Looks great Rev. We will be over later today for some bong hits. ;) Great job on the grow man enjoy the bud.
I'd be proud to offer you guys and gals some of this bud. It's the best thing I've grown to date. Take a hit and pass it on. :cool:

I'm still looking for a higher % of success from cloning. My current method is still hit or miss. I've been preparing the cuts and then growing them in a 50/50 mix of (seed starter) peat and perlite. That has proven to be most successful for me.

I still plan to use the seed starter mix but the clones will stay in this wick cloner until they make their roots. Once they show roots, then they'll move into Solo cups to veg. I found the DIY plans for this wick cloner on IC. It was a long thread with lots of folks giving their testimony about how their success rate improved to 98% with this cloner. The cloner they build holds 50 clones. I downsized mine to hold 8-10.

I started 9 clones (5 BM and 4 WW) in the cups a week ago. 3 BM have died. The 6 remaining clones look fine. The WW mom is looking very healthy. I have been very careful not to burn her.

The wick cloner has 5 WW clones I took yesterday. The only preparation they had was the 45-degree cut (under water) and the stem was scraped. They look fine for 24 hours. We'll see how they turn out.

SS 825 Clone room.jpg

SS 825 wick cloner.jpg

SS 825 WW mom.jpg

Reverend, and others who are struggling with your success rate in cloning, I wonder 'bout one thing I saw in some jpg's that might be at the heart of your problem. While I am learning mucho by the day here, about mistakes I've made, I have to say that my success rate with starting plants from cuttings is over 90%, darn near 100%.

So, while I'm a "newbie" in terms of what I have yet to learn, despite many years of soil growing, let me offer this. I think, perhaps, you're taking cuttings too far down the stems...maybe they're too "woody", and not as willing to absorb moisture into the base and shaft of the cutting. I generally cut as close to the tip as possible, so that only one leaf joint is under soil (although I'm going to try rooting in a hydroponics type material, anticipating the move to soiless growing, very soon). The stems are notably soft, almost pulpy where I cut them (the cuttings are rarely more than 3" in length, sometimes as little as 2"), and my unsubstantiated-by-anything-other-than-my-success-rate notion is that pulpy cuttings absorb moisture better than woodier stems. Of eight cuttings I took 10 days ago, all seem to be positively thriving, without a trace of leaf wilt or plant distress. This is entirely typical of my usual luck. Nothin' else special; they're just in individual cups, with just a kitchen food storage bag over each one, with the ends doubled over for extra stiffness and support of the bag.

Just my "two cents"...for what it may be worth...

Mummyscurse said:
...maybe they're too "woody", and not as willing to absorb moisture into the base and shaft of the cutting. Just my "two cents"...for what it may be worth...
Hey Mummy. I'll buy into that theory. I do know that the ones that died were more woody. I see what you mean by cutting higher up the stalk where the stem is softer. The 2/5 that survived look fine. This is day 12 for them so they've made it. I'll pay closer attention to that when I clone again in a few weeks.

Here are some pix of a couple of girls that sprouted under 12s and went the distance without any LST or pruning. I was busy moving recently so they were on auto-pilot. I'm going to re-veg the ICE mom and grow her again. I don't have any more Ice seeds so I want to hang onto her awhile to get some clones. I also think she can be "icier" in the trich department. I guess I shouldn't be too critical of this crop. They kept getting moved around and their light schedule was out of whack due to a faulty timer... blah, blah, blah. Woulda Shoulda Coulda. We'll get 'em next time. Meanwhile I'll smoke the buds and be grateful.

The other cola is WWxBB. The last time I grew it, I vegged it for several weeks and the yield was better.

SS 831 Doobage.jpg

SS 831 WB Ice.jpg

some nice looking coffee you've got there, what's the blend?

Latest posts

Back