Rev's Summer Garden Salad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats up Rev. May i say those colas look great man. How much do the weigh? Great job man, great job. ;)

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Whats up Rev. May i say those colas look great man. How much do the weigh? Great job man, great job. ;)
Thanks on the buds, BG. I used to hear guys say, "I don't weigh my harvests." I thought, "Yeah, right." I've quickly gotten to where I haven't been weighing the final product. I should go back and do that to see where I am as a grower.

The Ice budsicle from above is kinda bland tasting. It has only cured a couple of weeks - it'll be smoked up before it gets much more curing. It grew 65 days before the chop. The trichs were kinda lame ---> probably from all the jerking around and moving to another house and getting erratic 12s. So, there's my whine. I still have one more larger Ice clonesicle that I'll probably harvest soon. It is working on day 73. This one has fattened up with the extra time under the lights.

My White Widow X Big Bud clonesicle in the picture was the larger of the two shown. I definitely like this strain. This particular plant went right under 12s as a seed so it didn't develop the same character as the other WWxBB I have grown. I'll be re-growing this again during the winter months.

My next harvest in 2 weeks will be 4 Blue Mystic clones. Once they are plucked, all the plants that endured the house move will be gone. I have a good-lookin' lineup of girls for the next portion of this ongoing grow. I'll throw some pix atcha real soon. :cool:

I wanted to go back a bit and catch you up on the results of the new wick-type cloner I put together from info at a thread on IC.

The first pic shows some WW and BM clones that were started in soil on 16 Aug. The wick cloner clones were put into the perlite on 25 Aug.

The 3 pix show the cloner. The other pic shows the roots. These were 9 days old. I threw them in 16oz Solo cups 5 days ago and they are looking great.

SS 825 Clone room.jpg

SS 825 wick cloner.jpg

SS 905 roots.jpg

SS 905 cloner.jpg

Thats awesome Rev...Not sure I understand the wick thing though.

Here are the clones. 4 WW cloned in soil and 4 WW cloned in the wick-type cloner.

I'm no rocket scientist but it sure looks like the ones from the cloner are healthier and bigger despite being 9 days younger. I'm sure I can refine my cloning techniques with this method.

The pic of the vegging plant is the WW mom all these clones came from. I'm gonna give her a few more weeks to veg and then throw her into flower.

SS 908 soil clones.jpg

SS 908 wick clones.jpg

SS 908 WW2.jpg

TURKEYNECK said:
Thats awesome Rev...Not sure I understand the wick thing though.
Hey T-Neck. My bad. I should have broken it down with better pix so here they are.

Let's go back to high school and think about that 6 lb. Zippo lighter we hauled around in our pocket. We put the lighter fluid in the bottom when it ran out. Once we filled it, the wick sucked the fluid to the top.
Similar situation with the wick cloner.
The Tiki torch wicks are in the lawn and garden department of Wal-Mart. The wick was $1.87. It comes in one long piece so cut it to the size of your bowl. I cut mine into 4 pieces. Pull wicks thru holes you've drilled in the bottom. The holes should be sized smaller than the wicks so they will fit snugly.
I found my bowl at Dollar Tree. It was a lettuce crisper bowl with a domed lid and a raised bottom. If you can't find something with a raised bottom, just put a rock or something between the bowls to keep from smushing the wicks.
Saturate the perlite and wicks bowl with water and let it drain. Now put it in the second bowl that has an inch of water (enough to cover the bottom of the wicks). Check the water level after a few days and keep the bottom of the wicks covered.
The clones I grew had 2 internodes below the perlite. I cut them at 45 degree angles and scraped the stem.

If this is still confusing, here's the link where I found the info on Super Cheap Mass Cloner. I downsized the equipment for my needs.
http://www.mjp.com/ic/showthread.php?t=10225

SS 908 bottom.jpg

SS 908 wick action.jpg

SS 908 top side cloner.jpg

SS 908 parts list.jpg

That looks nice and clean Rev..You ever tried clones in soil? What type of root solution do you use?..What are the odds of survival w/ the wick?

TURKEYNECK said:
That looks nice and clean Rev..You ever tried clones in soil? What type of root solution do you use?..What are the odds of survival w/ the wick?
Yeah, I tried soil and have only 60-70% success rate. This wick cloner is supposed to be 95% or better, according to many who have used it.
I've grown clones with several different techniques but this one seems the most reliable for me. It's not for everyone, I'm sure. Your mileage may vary.

There is no root solution. Only water.

I've got a buttload of stuff shuffling around the garden between clone box, vegbox, and flower closet. I'm still trying to learn the 'perpetual' garden technique. Right now I have mostly FMS WW clones and one WW from seed @ 10 weeks veg.

I've been very frugal with the fertilizer. When I re-potted the 2 WW in 3-gal pots, I added a Tbsp each (low-dose) of bone meal and blood meal per gallon of soil mix. The soil is 60/40 Perfect mix/perlite. The pH has been good so I haven't added any lime. GH Flora Nova Grow (1/4 strength or less) has been used every 2nd or 3rd watering with a pinch of epson salts. I let my soil dry pretty well between waterings to promote root growth.

The first pic shows the clones that I started in the Wick Cloner. They are 3 weeks old and doing well. I checked their roots last night and they will be ready for a transplant real soon. Some will go to 1-gal pots and others to 2-gal. I don't know how long I'll veg them. I'll figger it out later.

Pic 2 is my WW clone that was saved from my first WW grow. I cloned a bunch from that sick WW but this was 1/25 that made it. I'm glad to be able to save this pheno. It will give me 2 WW moms to choose clones from.

Pic 3 shows 2 WW clones in the wick cloner. I broke these off while doing LST (guess it wasn't LOW stress after all). The small one in the pic barely has one node under the perlite. We'll see if it has roots when I check it at 10 days.

Pic 4 - Aurora Indica from seed. 1/3 survived (my fault - hope it's a gal)

Pic 5 - I threw another WWxBB into a dirt cup. I need a mom. I realized I don't have any WWxBB in the garden. Come Christmas, my friends are gonna be looking for some of that smoke. Also in the pic is my Ice plant. I chopped it 2 weeks ago but haven't re-potted it into a smaller pot yet.

Pic 6 - that's my BM mom and an FMS Skunk seed in the cup to the right. I've heard such postive things about the Skunk... gotta have me some!

Pic 7 - This is my WW girl at 10 weeks. She has been vegging under my 125w cfl for nine weeks and is now under my 400hps. I'll veg her a few more weeks before throwing her into 12s.

Many of the plants in the pix will be harvested before Thanksgiving '06 and Christmas. That will mark the end of my first year growing. I'll be a sophomore newbie, doobage farmer. I've learned SO MUCH this year with great help from the folks at this forum as well as others here in the cyber garden. I have a ways to go to become an efficient, proficient grower. I ain't sweatin' nothin.' BG sent me some of his Green Mojo so I've got that goin' for me.
You kids keep it clean. :cool:
RW

SS 914 clones.jpg

SS 914 ww1c.jpg

SS 914 ww cloner.jpg

SS 914 AI.jpg

SS 914 Ice Wb.jpg

SS 914 mama dope.jpg

SS 914 WW2.jpg

Rev my friend you are a busy man by the looks of your garden but there's nothing wrong with that. ;) Everything is looking great man keep it up.

Man, oh man. I pulled out some of my Ice bud that has been curing for a couple of weeks. This bud flowered 10 weeks. I was busy and didn't harvest her so the trichs must have been amber. It's definitely doobage that is good for an evening smoke when you want to wind down and listen to music. It's heavy on the eyes. Mine feel droopy now after only a few hits from the bowl. I'm re-vegging the plant this came from so I can make her a mom.

Reverend Willis said:
Man, oh man. I pulled out some of my Ice bud that has been curing for a couple of weeks. It's definitely doobage that is good for an evening smoke when you want to wind down and listen to music. It's heavy on the eyes.

Oh man! That's what I wanted to know. As soon as my Afghani is growing good, Ice is my next mother to grow.

Great work man!!!!!

Hey Rev sounds like my kinda smoke. ;)
Reverend Willis said:
Man, oh man. I pulled out some of my Ice bud that has been curing for a couple of weeks. This bud flowered 10 weeks. I was busy and didn't harvest her so the trichs must have been amber. It's definitely doobage that is good for an evening smoke when you want to wind down and listen to music. It's heavy on the eyes. Mine feel droopy now after only a few hits from the bowl. I'm re-vegging the plant this came from so I can make her a mom.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Hey Rev sounds like my kinda smoke. ;)
Dang, BG. You're liable to go to sleep and fall outta the chair and crack your noggin. This is the first time I've grown something and let it veg this long. I'm glad to see the couchlock up close and personal. Good stuff. :cool:

Latest posts

Back