Advertise On Marijuana Passion

REZ to hot..?

yogi dc

Reaction score
Does anyone know how i could keep the temp down in my rez.. i can tell that the plants are suffering...
any suggestions would be great!!!!

H

HGB

yogi dc said:
Does anyone know how i could keep the temp down in my rez.. i can tell that the plants are suffering...
any suggestions would be great!!!!
I use froozen pop bottles of water....

just toss acouple in every 12 hours or so :D

Weeddog

Tokin Dog
Reaction score
What is the temp of your res??? Have you tried putting a desktop fan next to it blowing down across the top of the water? This is evaporative cooling and it works very well for about a 10 degree drop.

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Reaction score
Weeddog said:
What is the temp of your res??? Have you tried putting a desktop fan next to it blowing down across the top of the water? This is evaporative cooling and it works very well for about a 10 degree drop.
Hey Weeddog. would putting in a air stone help with that as well? That way would it not also help oxygenate the nutes and promote the evaproative cooling. Just a thought as I'm growin in my attic and it would pitch me a fit as well.:confused:

Weeddog

Tokin Dog
Reaction score
Mutt said:
Hey Weeddog. would putting in a air stone help with that as well? That way would it not also help oxygenate the nutes and promote the evaproative cooling. Just a thought as I'm growin in my attic and it would pitch me a fit as well.:confused:
No, the airstone wont help with the cooling any but I use one in my res to help oxygenate. The fan really does work. I read it on OG over a year ago and decided to try it this summer.

KADE

Aero Lord
Reaction score
More oxygen should help the plant with the higher temps as well..... I keep my rez sitting on concrete... buuut kinda hard to do in the attic i guess.

H

HGB

Weeddog said:
The fan really does work.
got a couple quistons mang

1. did this raise your Rh in flower and

2. you have any probs with lights and a open rez or was the rez not in the grow room?

10 degree drop sounds great if'n you had no other probs

pop bottles of ice are good for like 2-4 degree drop

grow on

Weeddog

Tokin Dog
Reaction score
My res is just outside my flowering box. Never had any problems with humidity altho I'm sure it raised it a little. Kept my grow room at 78 degrees and my res would hold a constant 68. Ive hooked a digital thermostat up to my fan to keep it from getting too cool. I have used bottles of ice in the past and you have to really keep an eye on it. The thermostat makes it all automatic. I had to modify my thermostat to get the sensor in the res. I also finally modified my reservoir lid (36qt cooler) with a 4" hole and fan attached to it blowing right down into the res in the middle and 4 smaller 2" holes in the corners. You can feel the air blowing out the smaller holes. My digital control stays between 68 and 69.

Weeddog

Tokin Dog
Reaction score
BTW, I use the same setup in the winter except I use a small aquarium heater to warm up the res to 68. Bought another cooler so I could change to a no hole lid for the winter time.

Latest posts