Rhino leaves during Flowering.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtyCannabis

Reaction score
Im only about a week into the Flowering phase. They read, we shouldnt do any pruning/trimming during this time. Only the single leaves on the Rhino are the size of my hands.

Not only blocking the light, but not allowing the lower branches to grow out. These are the branches that grow the buds. My question is, what is the damage, or possible damage?

You can trim up the bottom of the plant. Leaves branches and all, but removing the all of the fan leaves is nothing but counter productive. This is a thread that comes up every few weeks around here lol. The fan leaves provide photosynthesis to the plant. The buds themselves don't need the light. Look at these big leaves as solar growing panels :D. More energy panels more energy can be absorbed.

And a week into flower is fine to still do some cleaning up at the bottom. I usually wait till bout week 2 of flower after the stretch starts so I can tell what will reach the top and what won't

Lemon Jack said:
You can trim up the bottom of the plant. Leaves branches and all, but removing the all of the fan leaves is nothing but counter productive. This is a thread that comes up every few weeks around here lol. The fan leaves provide photosynthesis to the plant. The buds themselves don't need the light. Look at these big leaves as solar growing panels :D. More energy panels more energy can be absorbed.

And a week into flower is fine to still do some cleaning up at the bottom. I usually wait till bout week 2 of flower after the stretch starts so I can tell what will reach the top and what won't

Yeah, I read about the fans purpose. Its just in the case of Rhino. These leaves seem too big. I didnt remove them all. Just the ones, that was not allowing the other branches to grow out. Some of them even had leaves dying out. On my Diesel plants, the single leaves seem to be working together with the rest of the plant.

Anyway, thanx for the reply.

I'm a marathon runner, I cut off one leg, so I am lighter and can run longer/further...:confused2:...

Just the ones, that was not allowing the other branches to grow out. Some of them even had leaves dying out. On my Diesel plants, the single leaves seem to be working together with the rest of the plant.

The bigger the leaf the bigger the loss if you cut them out! I'd have sooner removed the branches not allowed to grow out as opposed to removing the leaves, this would have made the rest of the plant beef up (production wise) and you'd likely have ended up with denser buds!

ArtyCannabis said:
Yeah, I read about the fans purpose. Its just in the case of Rhino. These leaves seem too big. I didnt remove them all. Just the ones, that was not allowing the other branches to grow out. Some of them even had leaves dying out. On my Diesel plants, the single leaves seem to be working together with the rest of the plant.

Anyway, thanx for the reply.

Its a bad idea to ever be removing leaves from your plants. I would remove the bud sites low on the plant way before I removed the fan leaves.

The biggest fan leaves are the ones you want to leave on the plant. Large fan leaves are not going to inhibit the other branches growing out, regardless of what it looks like. I love it when I get those plants with those HUGE fan leaves. By picking off the large fan leaves, you have lowered the plants ability to convert light, food, and water to THC and CBC,

Jesus christ I just agreed with Roddy before I read his post. The world is ending. You heard it here 24952085302985423th.

I removed fan leaves on one girl last year. Had PM issues outdoors and wanted the plant to better "breath" in between the branches. Helped with the moisture problem. Dont know if it was detrimental to the plant. Ide rather have something over total loss to bud rot.

Latest posts

Back