Ridiculous Fictional Band Names

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fretless

seeker
Reaction score
Let's hear 'em....strange names of bands that don't exist, but you wish did.
I will start us off with:

Hippocampus Green (obviously a college band, rock/ska w/horns)

Uncle (probably bluegrass)

Dr. Rhinoceras (psychedelic?)

Baal and the Groovetones (psycho-billy jazz)

OK this might be fun. ;)

White Widow (all female rock band)
The Trichromes (50's Do Wop band)
The Spider Mites (New Wave)
Resin (Metal band)
Dealer D (Rap)
Blown Colon (Hardcore Punk)

:rofl:

The Radiators
Trostyky LLC
The Stalininos
La Couch

There already is a band named the radiators! How about these:

Chicken and Ham (four member band of mouth musicians)

Larry Walnuts (deeply depressing blues saxiphonist)

Cracked out (super-high-tempo-speed-rap)

Crystal Nugget (jazz/bluegrass/rock/reggae/psycholedic)

The Organic Orchestra (instrumental)
K2 (rock)
The Alternative Nodes (alternative) this sounds catchy, I reckon !
Sex Pistils (new age punk)
Jock Horror (heavy metal)

bearfootbob said:
Uncle (probably bluegrass)

haha.. DJ Shadow and James Levelle started a chillout / hip hoppy shadow style electro break team called "Unkle"... well worth checking out though, there album Psyence Fiction is amazing!

How about couchlock - the stoner electro lol

the_riz said:
haha.. DJ Shadow and James Levelle started a chillout / hip hoppy shadow style electro break team called "Unkle"... well worth checking out though, there album Psyence Fiction is amazing!

How about couchlock - the stoner electro lol

Man, I've got nearly everything DJ SHadow has done. Big into Cut Chemist too. Have you heard Strictly Turntablised by Shadow. Brilliant tunes. Good to know there's a another trip hop head here. Love the UNKLE label ... Peace

haha yeah i got every shadow album... fn awesome stuff

Ah, but you see, apparently even first names are censored on this site. Bizarre, and lame. But anway, since I feel so strongly about it, what I meant was...

Uncle D*ck

Which whoknows, may have been the original name for Zappa's Uncle Meat before they said, umm, no no no.

Runbyhemp said:
Man, I've got nearly everything DJ SHadow has done. Big into Cut Chemist too. Have you heard Strictly Turntablised by Shadow. Brilliant tunes. Good to know there's a another trip hop head here. Love the UNKLE label ... Peace

Hope you all have achid jazz...

Umm good name would be The Organics (Kinda like the doors)

Worm Castings LOL Metal

Superthrive and the bushy bunch - Funk

and just for the hell of it a TV show PIMP my LOWRYDER #2.

We's gonna pimp out this grow to be all hydro and turn a little ounce plant into a three ounce monster yaaaaall. Fo really.

a friend and i used to do these during boring meetings. we talked about making a coffee table book. these were some of mine:

planned obsolescence
poodles in bleu
daughter product
pitchfork barbies

Last edited:
Hey there decree, you seem to be a music lover, are you a musician as well?

Hey there decree, you seem to be a music lover, are you a musician as well?
hey 2redeyes. music lover yes, player no. took piano lesson when i was younger from a nun! egad! she would never let me play what i wanted to play so after four years of frustration and getting whacked with a ruler across the knuckles, i quit. are you a musician?

i do have a LOT more band names to keep you or anyone entertained if interested.

My old band was called “Alligator Ambush Band”...another meaningless band name...

Latest posts

Back