right lite for seedlings or clones?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shahomy

Reaction score
are these bulbs the right spectrum for seedlings and clones? have 2 i`ve been using the last year...should i be using a different bulb?
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004R9UR/ref=oh_details_o04_s03_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]
it says "
It is great for seedlings, cuttings, vegetables, flowers, herbs, greens and more
Get faster growth with high output T5 full daylight spectrum bulb"

Yes, that will work, however it seems a little expensive for a single 2' 24W fixture. Look around, I think you can find a lot better deal.

YEAH, didn't even check the price...lol...That's really steep like Hemp Goddess said.

bought 2 at the IGL for around $36.00 and some tax.

Thanks everyone
Boy, i did pay to much didn`t I ?...I payed 37.50 each, a year ago for them...:shocked:
i was worried that the color spectrum might not be right for clones, although i`ve been using it for clones since i got it
I see 6400k, 6500k bulbs...this is to promote vegetation, but for clones, you don`t want vegetation, need roots first! I see 3000k bloom bulbs, would they work? Is there anything else, color spectrum wise?

I keep the lights about a foot from top of plants...that sound about right?

Thanks again...

No you want the 6500k light spectrum. That will promote rooting. That and having it on 24/7.

The hard orangey-yellow light of HPS is best suited for the bloom cycle.

I think I can provide you with your answers here.
I use only t5's to veg., here are some pics of what they can do.
There is 1 4 foot, 4 bulb and 1 4 foot 8 bulb= 12, 4 foot t5's

Enjoy , lol.

View attachment image.jpg

You NEED blue, 6500 bulbs, if you invest a little bit in a new, larger set up you will be paid back in plenty with nuggets later, happy growing.

P.S.
I paid $240 for my 8 bulb 4 foot.

Latest posts

Back