RIP Amy Winehouse...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Music
Reaction score
Can't say I didn't see this coming.....talented singer...too many demons I guess.

cbsnews.com/stories/2011/07/23/entertainment/main20082454.shtml

Yup, definetly saw that coming, still very sad for such a young person.

Yeah...my wife just called me and told me. She's was pretty messed up last time I heard of anything about her which had to be last year. Still sucks, I wonder what the cause of death was...i'm guessing overdose, but from what?

Yes very sad for someone to die so young @ 27 years young.
She was one of lifes self destruct types imho.
T4

I feel sorry for her family and wish them the best.

Yeah the 27 club.

Jim Morrison
Janis joplin
Kurt Cobain
Brian jones
Jimmy Hendricks

i dont know if she was in the same league as the others but thats not for me too say.

IMO she isnt in the same league as the others. But non the less, famous musician and dead @ 27.

dman1234 said:
Yeah the 27 club.

Jim Morrison
Janis joplin
Kurt Cobain
Brian jones
Jimmy Hendricks

i dont know if she was in the same league as the others but thats not for me too say.

She wouldnt be the first to join the 27 club that didnt deserve it " cough" Kurt Cobain "cough"

Iron Emmett said:
She wouldnt be the first to join the 27 club that didnt deserve it " cough" Kurt Cobain "cough"

Actually jimi hendrix was "iffy" as he was bi-polar and had bouts of severe depression. They will never know for sure if his was intentional or not. It was ruled accidental...
but as Kurt Cobain...his was "iffy too" due to a lot of speculation.

Mutt said:
Actually jimi hendrix was "iffy" as he was bi-polar and had bouts of severe depression. They will never know for sure if his was intentional or not. It was ruled accidental...
but as Kurt Cobain...his was "iffy too" due to a lot of speculation.

Mutt I think IE is trying to say Kurt wasn't worthy of being on that list talent wise......which I wld disagree. I don't think Amy deserves to be in that company though. She had talent but 10 years from now I doubt many even remember her. Just my 2 cents.

Only time I ever saw or heard of her before now was seeing a news report of her doing a concert all screwed on drugs.

Hamster Lewis said:
Mutt I think IE is trying to say Kurt wasn't worthy of being on that list talent wise......which I wld disagree. I don't think Amy deserves to be in that company though. She had talent but 10 years from now I doubt many even remember her. Just my 2 cents.

Lewis is correct, i think Kurt Cobain is the most over rated musician in history.

Hendrix was amazing though :)

She was an original that is for sure and had her own unique singing style with the mixture of jazz and blues. She would have fit in nicely in New Orleans.

Oh I thought it was because his was the only one that was listed as a suicide.
If it's talent...Nirvana helped shape the "grunge" world and he does deserve to be on the list. IMO

Mutt said:
Oh I thought it was because his was the only one that was listed as a suicide.
If it's talent...Nirvana helped shape the "grunge" world and he does deserve to be on the list. IMO

Agreed.....you don't have to like his type of music to see that he had an impact on the shape of music....especially at that time.

I think Kurt was terribly talented, i remember when he died i hated him, i didnt understand how someone with so much could throwit all away, but I was young and that had nothing to do with his talents, and Dont even get me started on Dave Grohl, Super talented.

As for suicide, i think you could consider everyone on the list a suicide of some kind, they were all on a path to self destruction and didnt care.

amy whinehouse sux so bad her name shouldnt even be in the same post as jimmy, kurt, or jim morrison

Maarick said:
amy whinehouse sux so bad her name shouldnt even be in the same post as jimmy, kurt, or jim morrison

I have to agree with that to be honest.

It is a shame that she died so young however it was self inflicted so I have no real sympathy for her.

I'm really not cold hearted or anything I just don't agree with the amount of publicity she has had over the past few days compared to that which happend in Norway which is a real tragedy instead we get bombarded with news about a smack head and heroin addict who refused to be helped on many occasions.

SPARDA I AGREE 100%
What with that nutjob in norway she fades into insignificance imho.
T4

Latest posts

Back