RIP Junior Seau.....:-(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Music
Reaction score
I know we don't do sports talk here but RIP Junior....43 years old which is how old I am. That in and of itself freaks me out.

Oh wow! :(

Sounds like he may have tried to commit suicide in 2010 as well.

May he rest in peace.

Hamster Lewis said:
I know we don't do sports talk here but RIP Junior....43 years old which is how old I am. That in and of itself freaks me out.

I've read reports where it might have been suicide. Know any confirmed details hammy?

I heard that it was suicide as well...that's too bad...RIP Seau

3 kids are now fatherless. Tragic. Feel terrible for those kids.

TheKlonedRanger said:
I've read reports where it might have been suicide. Know any confirmed details hammy?

Yeah everything I hve read has said self inflicted gun shot wound....I believe he tried to kill himself like 2 years ago. He said he fell asleep at the wheel but they felt it was more likely a suicide attempt. He must hve had some demons he has been dealing with. Sad.

you know what they will say?, there is connection being made lately between repeat concussions and depression, dimentia and several other issues, im sure you have all heard about it.

One of the MOST Feared middle linebackers of his Time...

RIP Jr.

Just goes to show that fame and fortune can't offset the physical causes of depression (chemical imbalances in the brain). I take medicine for depression, and wouldn't (and couldn't) face life without it. My mother was a victim of severe depression as well. She committed suicide 20 years ago after she quit taking her medicine because she thought she was "over it". She wasn't. Depression is a real disease, but can be treated very well if one is not too proud to seek help.

RIP Junior "The Tazmanian Devil" Seau. As a kid I admired him for his ferociousness as an adult I admired him for being a stand up guy and all of his charity work.

These concussions are no joke 3 years ago a 26 yr old wide receiver for the Cincinnati Bengals Chris Henry was killed when he was thrown off the back of a pick up truck. With the familys' consent doctors took a look at Henrys brain and determined Henry likely suffered from Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE). Now thats the same disease attributed to the depression and eventual deaths of former Steelers Mike Webster and Justin Strzelczyk. People who suffer from CTE have similar behaviors to those with Alzheimer’s or dementia. According to doctors, the tissue in Henry’s brain was very similar to someone eighty or ninety years old.

I read he shot himself in the chest so he could donate his brain to science to be studied for the effects of football induced brain trama.

Hamster Lewis said:

Well, 43 is 21 years my junior, but I remember when he came to Miami.

Man! What he brought! I will certainly miss him and be grateful that he did grace the Dolphins with his spirit and energy.

Wet

Latest posts

Back