RIP Steve Jobs.....very sad day.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Roddy

I woke up to hearing that Steve Jobs died, very sad day indeed! Not only for those of us who enjoy the APPLE tech, but for those of us watching the cancer front as well.....

If ANYONE could have had a chance, it would have been Steve.

Sad day indeed, Jobs was a creative genius and his passing will be a great loss to future technology.

Tim Cook really has a lot to live up too.

Fitting that I post this via iPad.....RIP bro.

Every real computer I've had has been a Mac. I taught myself how to use Macs in 1988 and would never use a PC could I avoid it. The President said "There may be no greater tribute to Steve's success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented". :( Requiescat in pace.

All the Pixar fans (of whom I am one) owe him a debt as well.

329px-Steve_Jobs.jpg

Steve Jobs is a brilliant man and I think lot's of Apple fans and users was shocked and felt sad when they heard his sudden death.

This is an Apple from my Apple tree. People plant trees in memoriam, but mine was already planted so I named it Steve Jobs.

Apple1.jpg

Apple2.jpg

Just read an article that said Steve Jobs faith/belief in alternative medicine probably cost him his life...or at the very least caused him to die early.

Here is the article:

Could Steve Jobs have lived longer?
October 14, 2011 1:51 AM
By BILL HUTCHINSON, DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Tech titan Steve Jobs' trust in alternative medicine immediately after his pancreatic cancer diagnosis likely shortened his life, a Harvard Medical School researcher contends.

Researcher Ramzi Amri says the Apple cofounder's death last week at age 56 was "unnecessarily early."

In a lengthy post on the popular question-and-answer web site, Quora, Amri argues that Jobs reduced his chances of survival by resisting his doctors' recommendation of immediate surgery after his October 2003 diagnosis.

Jobs, a practicing Buddhist, instead pursued special alternative medicines and diets for nine months before eventually undergoing the operation to remove his tumor, according to published reports.

"Let me cut to the chase: Mr. Jobs allegedly chose to undergo all sorts of alternative treatment options before opting for conventional medicine," Amri wrote.

"This was, of course, a freedom he had all the rights to take, but given the circumstances it seems sound to assume that Mr. Jobs' choice for alternative medicine could have led to an unnecessarily early death."

Amri emphasized that his "personal" opinion, which was first reported by Gawker, is based on 1-1/2 years of research on the type of tumor that afflicted Jobs.

"I do not pretend to know anything about the case on a personal level and I never participated in the care of Mr. Jobs," Amri wrote. "I base all my cancer figures on my own research or sources from biomedical research known to me."

Jobs was diagnosed with a neuroendocrine tumor, a rare type of pancreatic cancer that spreads far more slowly than the traditional, aggressive kind that doomed actor Patrick Swayze.

During a 2005 commencement speech at Stanford University, Jobs revealed his doctors told him his type of cancer was incurable and gave him 3 to 6 months to live.

But Amri described Jobs' form of cancer as "mild" and could have been remedied if he had immediately opted for surgery.

By the time Jobs underwent surgery in July 2004 at Stanford University Medical Center it was too late, Amri contends.

He cites Job's April 2009 liver transplant to bolster his argument.

"The only reason he'd have a transplant would be that the tumor invaded all major parts of the liver, which takes a considerable amount of time," Amri wrote.

dman1234 said:
JMO, but if he let them cut into him sooner he probably would have died sooner.

Hmmmm....interesting. I actually feel the complete opposite. His life his choice so I am not dogging the guy.

Just an opinion, Ive seen a couple people take a sudden turn for the worse once modern medicine got a hold of them.

Im not completely downing modern medicine, just my thoughts at the time.

dman1234 said:
Just an opinion, Ive seen a couple people take a sudden turn for the worse once modern medicine got a hold of them.

Im not completely downing modern medicine, just my thoughts at the time.

Oh I also hve seen plenty of people go down hill quickly once they opened them up and saw what was going on but usually they are already ravaged inside and don't know it. I am thinking that wasnt the case here but then again I was not his doctor so I really hve no clue. I can say that had that been me I wld hve opted for modern medicine over holistic. Jmo

Not a fan of Jobs - However I'm a big fan of Hammy and I gota say this.... :holysheep: Son, you are looking very thin and peckish lately. I would guess you've dropped at least 5 stone. Nute block? ph issues? Lady boy aides? Is the updated avatar a cry for help?:eek: ;)

OldHippieChick said:
Not a fan of Jobs - However I'm a big fan of Hammy and I gota say this.... :holysheep: Son, you are looking very thin and peckish lately. I would guess you've dropped at least 5 stone. Nute block? ph issues? Lady boy aides? Is the updated avatar a cry for help?:eek: ;)

Lol.....no nute block or ph issues.:p Just mixing up the Halloween avatar this year. I am about to lose this skinny he/she in a minute and put on something sweeter and more cuddly. Thanks for the concern OHC.:D

dman1234 said:
The I phone deliveries are killing him.

Lol...yeah yesterday was rough. Too many sheep, too many Iphones to deliver.

Hamster Lewis said:
Lol...yeah yesterday was rough. Too many sheep, too many Iphones to deliver.

:rofl: I am an Apple sheep--as you have probably figured out by now--and I am one of the few who doesn't own an iAnything, other than my iBook HAL 8,999.

YYZ Skinhead said:
:rofl: I am an Apple sheep--as you have probably figured out by now--and I am one of the few who doesn't own an iAnything, other than my iBook HAL 8,999.

Don't get me wrong I love my Ipad to death...but I wld guarantee that most of the people I delivered the new Iphone to already hve the last one and really had no need to get the latest one right now. I didn't run out and get the Ipad 2 just because it was new. I don't hve a smart phone at all because I hve the Ipad and it is with me all the time. If I did get a smart phone I can tell you it wld most likely not be the Iphone. I wld probably go Android.

Latest posts

Back