Ripped

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phmaster

Reaction score
nothing can express how heart breaking it is when your days away from harvesting and over 40 pound gets robbed from you!!
All the hard work and hours and money over many many weeks to be taken whilst sleep, the anger the heart ache the stress!

It was the most strictest security and non complacency, only two people knew and have done so for many years and all I took was one day where a neighbour spotted a drone flying low so the garden was set up so over head aircraft would not be able to identify but a low flying drone is almost un stoppable.

All I ask is that you double check your locks, keep your cards close and never never trust anymore!!

PHmaster

Sorry to hear this PHmaster...some people are just takers these days.Manners,respect, and professionalism are fleeting quality's in today's world .I do hope the stress will lessen in the days to come....Peace

Just like hollowpoint said, some people are takers. I over heard someone a few years ago talking about using drones for this purpose. Just to find small plots around harvest time. Some people are complete shit.

Sorry for your loss though. I had a dozen plants taken once, it hurts for sure.

Dogs!
Can't un-do what they done now but a couple good dogs can stop all that ripping business from happening again.
Drones? You mean slow moving skeet? Here in the country Everybody has at Least a shotgun for such invasions. Rippers lose a couple drones they'll quit.
I'm sorry for your loss brother.
I double dog HATE a thief.

That really sucks PHmaster! I can only imagine the heartbreak. I hope all is not lost with this. A mentor of mine taught booby traps he learned in 'Nam that were designed to capture. Implementation requires manipulating your environment though. Give them little choice but to cross into them. What you do once they were caught IDK...LoL!! I jest to lighten your mood. I'm hoping the rippers hanging by their eyelids would be therapeutic!
The dogs are a great suggestion though! Build them a nice warm home and give them the same love you give your plants and they most certainly will protect the home front. Find the right breed tho. Train em to only eat from you as well.
I hope it gets better soon.

sorry to hear that brother. that doesn't bring it back but there's peace in knowing others share your pain.

I feel your pain brother.... I had 20 plants taken from me last fall two days before I was going to harvest... All the work... that was my stuff for the year.... now I have nothing.... I have spent far and beyond an outdoor grow to try to make something happen indoors.... thousands of dollars... it's just so sad.... they made it legal in my state now every lazy piece of **** goes looking in everyone's yard and steals there stuff..... I have friend that had pots and all taken from there deck

Dad Blast it !! That is terrible!! However... they may not have been stolen by a user so much as confiscated. I would not rule that out if it is not on your property.

Cabela's sells game cameras that record game , like deer, bear etc in an area via photography. Quite stealthy! They are camouflaged and blend in to the surroundings and make no sound. There are other electronic devices that alert you to movement in your grow area "if" they are close proximity to your home (if growing on your property) ... find those at harbor freight or maybe even Amazon, cheap.

sorry for your loss ,,,,,you need a good dog

Ya know them dye bombs they put in bank bags?
Motion detectors can be used in a number of ways.
Game cams to record the action.
Sometimes the video is worth more than the weed they rip!

DANG!! That's terrible!! However it may not have been stolen so much as confiscated. I have a friend that had some weed growing remotely and before he harvested it, hunters found it, turned it in to authorities and they chopped it down and removed it. saying might not be a fellow user "unless" it was growing on your property. Cabela's has clandestine game recorders that are used for deer, bear, etc. and take a picture based on motion. Very discrete, as camouflaged to look like surroundings and quiet. There are also motion sensor alert sensors that are not that expensive sold at places like Harbor Freight if you have plants close enough to your home... which will at least alert you to possible intruders in your garden.

So very sorry this happened!!

DANG!! That's terrible!! However it may not have been stolen so much as confiscated. I have a friend that had some weed growing remotely and before he harvested it, hunters found it, turned it in to authorities and they chopped it down and removed it. saying might not be a fellow user "unless" it was growing on your property. Cabela's has clandestine game recorders that are used for deer, bear, etc. and take a picture based on motion. Very discrete, as camouflaged to look like surroundings and quiet. There are also motion sensor alert sensors that are not that expensive sold at places like Harbor Freight if you have plants close enough to your home... which will at least alert you to possible intruders in your garden.

So very sorry this happened!!
The owner of the property was in on it with me we where the only ones who knew and trust each other as we had been doing it for years! They where cut from the stem and could easily tell this was a planned effort

sorry for your loss ,,,,,you need a good dog
We have three guard dogs and they barked at the time they must have been there but I don’t live there only the parter in growing does. They bark all the time and barks are investigated but this one time it was just swept under the rug. Our partner ship has come to an end as of this and the space will no longer be used for growing.
Sad sad week

i think you did the right thing by ending your partner ship ,,,you may not want to hear this,,,i would bet your partner decided he no longer wanted or needed a partner and took everything for himself,,,i have one dog guarding my property ,,,if you come on my property one or two things are gonna happen ,,your gonna kill the dog or the dog is gonna kill you ,,,,you had three GUARDS DOGS and they did nothing ,,,,someone the dogs knows took your crop ,,,,live and learn my friend ,,,,,

i think you did the right thing by ending your partner ship ,,,you may not want to hear this,,,i would bet your partner decided he no longer wanted or needed a partner and took everything for himself,,,i have one dog guarding my property ,,,if you come on my property one or two things are gonna happen ,,your gonna kill the dog or the dog is gonna kill you ,,,,you had three GUARDS DOGS and they did nothing ,,,,someone the dogs knows took your crop ,,,,live and learn my friend ,,,,,

very good point zigggy

Heya drcree. I feel your pain. I got hit a few years ago because of my partner/cousin. One morning the gas was off and the gas company said they had to come in to turn it back on. Girlfriend at the time let em in. Sometime in the early next morning they came back. Turns out my cousin was at the corner bar runnin his mouth braggin about the room. Lifelong friendship and brotherhood annihilated. Huge gaping hole. It does get better in time. Solo dolo bro. Don't give up on the pups. Dogs'll love you better than any human if they're yours. Except maybe Mom's and Grandma's. You could always get a honey badger...

Heya drcree. I feel your pain. I got hit a few years ago because of my partner/cousin. One morning the gas was off and the gas company said they had to come in to turn it back on. Girlfriend at the time let em in. Sometime in the early next morning they came back. Turns out my cousin was at the corner bar runnin his mouth braggin about the room. Lifelong friendship and brotherhood annihilated. Huge gaping hole. It does get better in time. Solo dolo bro. Don't give up on the pups. Dogs'll love you better than any human if they're yours. Except maybe Mom's and Grandma's. You could always get a honey badger...

hey brother novitius, you weren't joking about those honey badgers. those things have more balls than talent! check this out:
you are right on point about people too. if anyone is going to turn on you, it will be a friend.

Last edited:
hahahahaha this is how I learned of honey badgers...

Latest posts

Back