Rock Dust vrs. Azomite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonedwoodsman

Yes I Cannabis
Reaction score
High Group,

Would I get the same nutriments from Azomite as compared to Glacial Rock Dust???

Are they basically the same??

Thankx,

StonedWoodsman...in steamy 90 degree CT.

Azomite is the best, sorta, but $$$$ especially the shipping.

Glacial Rock dust is almost as good, but still run into the cost of shipping ..... rocks.

What I finally found locally is granite dust and it only cost $3/5 gallon bucket, your bucket and shovel. Weighs ~60-75 lbs.

I still use and add azomite, but it cost me a bit over $40 for 20lbs to be shipped. Most of that cost was shipping. When it's gone, I won't be getting any more.

It's good, but not THAT good, to pay 40x more than the granite dust. Same with the Glacial rock dust, which I would put the granite dust equal to.

If there are any granite fabricators nearby, you can usually get dust for cheap or free. Granite counter-top fabricators, *monument* makers (gravestones), or similar.

Wet

zeolite ,azomite, greensand. will all provide you with generally the same thing

Azomite is better. Its cheap too.
I can get a 44lb bag for 22 bucks.

basically the same. provides trace elements

if you wanna get technical, its best if you use them all

Don't forget your soft rock phosphate!

Seriously, use one, use them all, you will never see a measurable difference between them.

Most say using them indoors is a waste of time and money (use kelp instead) and if you use them od, put it out a year in advance. It'll take a bit to leach the benefits.

Also..... Look up 'glacial milk'. You cooould make this from your rock dust, but that would be the complete opposite of cost effective ;)

nvthis said:
Don't forget your soft rock phosphate!

Seriously, use one, use them all, you will never see a measurable difference between them.

Most say using them indoors is a waste of time and money (use kelp instead) and if you use them od, put it out a year in advance. It'll take a bit to leach the benefits.

Also..... Look up 'glacial milk'. You cooould make this from your rock dust, but that would be the complete opposite of cost effective ;)

useless indoors unless you recycle your soil.

Soft Rock Phosphate is not the same as Hard Rock Phosphate. SRP is a powder and besides just providing medium release phosphorous, it is also helps with keeping your N in your soil while cooking.

pcduck said:
Soft Rock Phosphate is not the same as Hard Rock Phosphate. SRP is a powder and besides just providing medium release phosphorous, it is also helps with keeping your N in your soil while cooking.

They should all be powders, or at least as close as you can get & phosphorous is not the only thing it provides. It is rich in trace minerals, just like all other rock dusts.

Latest posts

Back