Romulan/ebb problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budders Keeper

Reaction score
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Howdy folks, thanks for taking a look. Seems I have a little problem with slow growth???

1k HPS-24 inches.
Romulan clones rooted on the first under t-5, transfered on 3-4.
First res= GH3 + sensizyme and nutriboost. 1200ppm

Suspected fungas/bacteria (ph was drifting down)so added H2o2 1 week later. waited 1 week and changed out res to:

GH3 + diamond nectar + hygrozyme...Added nutriboost 1 week later. 940ppm at this time
PH drifting from 5.6-6.2 then I adjust.

Res is pretty stable needing adjustment every 5 days or so. No funky smells.

Third time I've recycled the hydroton.

Is this just a more sensitive strain? If I left something out I will be happy to give more info. I'm thinking after 20 days they should be twice this size, but maybe I've just had faster growing strains in the past???

Thanks for the help..................bk

WOW, not sure what happened with pics????

Attachments

• prob 002.JPG
    prob 002.JPG
    421.2 KB · Views: 69
  • prob 003.JPG
    prob 003.JPG
    427.5 KB · Views: 74
  • prob 004.JPG
    prob 004.JPG
    411.2 KB · Views: 72
  • prob 006.JPG
    prob 006.JPG
    365.2 KB · Views: 73
  • prob 008.JPG
    prob 008.JPG
    415.2 KB · Views: 69
  • prob 011.JPG
    prob 011.JPG
    403.6 KB · Views: 66
  • prob 012.JPG
    prob 012.JPG
    461.6 KB · Views: 71
  • prob 015.JPG
    prob 015.JPG
    386.7 KB · Views: 72
  • prob 017.JPG
    prob 017.JPG
    379.1 KB · Views: 81
  • prob 019.JPG
    prob 019.JPG
    369.1 KB · Views: 66
There are 2 pics at the end in the first row, the new growth is twisted and narley looking.
Ive always thought that was a PH problem.

Once your nutrients are are balanced and the PPM's correct your PH should be more stable. I go days with the PH at 5.9, how large is your rez?

One suggestion is when having problems stick to the most basic nute program, go GH 3 part or better yet GH floranova one part, just to rule out nute imbalance.

Howdy
I too have thought it was ph related. Calibrated meter, double checked with colored drops. No burn or leafspots at all, but the twist has me thinking ph also.

Ph actually hasn't changed in a few days, 5.9 so your probably exactly right. First res turned into toxic soup from too many "adds".

Res is 55gallon drum about half full. The plastic one that comes with the "CAP" ebb system.

45 liter per minute air pump in res also.

Another thing I'm doing is increasing floods from 15min every 3 hours to 15 every 2. I just dug out some h-ton and checked ph/temps at root zone. PH was 6.1 compared to 5.9 in res... but temp was 75! So hopefully the increased floods will keep things circulating better. guess with no canopy the 1k just bakes the rocks.

Still looking for any further thoughts on this issue:)

Latest posts

Back