Rooftop grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky Bastard

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with using fine mesh shade netting over a grow for camouflage? Does it reduce the UV penetration by a large factor ? I get intense sun I’m right on the Tropic of Cancer . But I got occasional helicopter traffic overhead
Better safe than sorry

I have not tried it, but it always seemed to me that it would throw too much shade.

Reactions: zem
Has anyone had experience with using fine mesh shade netting over a grow for camouflage? Does it reduce the UV penetration by a large factor ? I get intense sun I’m right on the Tropic of Cancer . But I got occasional helicopter traffic overhead
Better safe than sorry
Better to use other plants as camo

Never mind , I googled it , different shade netting has different rating , I’ll have to experiment with a light meter . I was looking for someone with experience in this topic .

Better safe than sorry
Mine every 2 days i chande the position of the plant. Rotation to get balance the sun

Better safe than sorry
Hey.. I'm Pete. Fairly new to chatting and also to this channel. I'm Mango and herbs farmer from Go, India. Sitting on 10 acres of forested property. I use 40 percent black shade net from end of March all the way to May before the monsoons take on. I grow sativas. Landraces i bring back from my travels in different parts of india. Don't have access to well bred phenos but it's the love you give and the sun here does something to the flavors.
Also as camo for choppers try growing a shorter variety of bamboo like Buddha belly or something. From a distance the leaves appear similar. I have been successfully growing 3 MTR tall ladies in my bamboo groves since 15 to 20 yrs and haven't had anybody who's ever even got a whiff😉 marigolds also are great companion plants for nossa senhora esp if u need to be around constantly in their baby stages

we used an 80-20 shade cloth , blocked out 20% of the sun and works fine

ime the more light penetration the more visible the plants. greenhouse plastic cover is better for that but you need a greenhouse and then it can get very hot.

Hey bigsur51
My summers get to 32 to 36 deg c. And whàt I ve noticed óver time is when in bloom the cooler the environs better the terpes. All flowers actually. People should begin looking at cannabis like a regular flowering plant and all the bro science out there like 72 hrs of darkness et al will be illuminated. Listen to your plants rather than someone else

Sounds like a good way to get bud rot if it's too humid.
If growing outdoors with enough heat and airflow you can do this around 12 noon till 2 n maintain a semblance of equilibrium in the temps I guess it's more of a feel for what your plants require. Never done it on cannabis, but works for me on lettuce, spinach, khol rabi etc

If growing outdoors with enough heat and airflow you can do this around 12 noon till 2 n maintain a semblance of equilibrium in the temps I guess it's more of a feel for what your plants require. Never done it on cannabis, but works for me on lettuce, spinach, khol rabi etc
Yes i can see it working on those greens especially in dry climate but not on cannabis especially in humid climates.

I think they might notice a piece of camo fabric. Worse than a couple plants. What is your law for say 6 plants. What country are you in. Just looking at what are your better options.

Hey bigsur51
My summers get to 32 to 36 deg c. And whàt I ve noticed óver time is when in bloom the cooler the environs better the terpes. All flowers actually. People should begin looking at cannabis like a regular flowering plant and all the bro science out there like 72 hrs of darkness et al will be illuminated. Listen to your plants rather than someone else

cooler temps = better terps?

how does one explain the equatorial sativas and those terps?

now I will tell you this from experience , we grew the same plant genetics , had two grows going , one out on the high plains at 4200’ feet and the other grow up in the Rockies at 10,000’ feet

there were visible differences

listen to your plants and not someone else?

that would depend on who the someone else is , but yeah , plant observation is an art/science , like reading tea leaves eh

Latest posts

Back