Rookie Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANDRE MYSTIC

Reaction score
HI GUYS! fIRST WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR ALL THE INFO THAT I HAVE LEARNED HERE!! RECENTLY I HARVESTED MY FIRST FEMALE PLANT FROM OUTSIDE DUE TO THE IMPENDING COLD WEATHER. I WENT TO HOME DEPOT AND PICKED UP 2 100WATT HPS SYSTEMS WITH BALLASTS. MY GROW BOX IS 36" BY 36" BY 4' TALL. WILL THIS COMBINATION WORK OUT OK. I PUT MY FEMALE BACK IN TO TRY FOR NEW GROWTH. I HAVE ALSO ADDED A SMALL SHELF WITH FLO LAMP FOR MY CLONES AND SEEDLINGS, THIS AREA IS CURTAINED OFF. LIGHTS ARE ON 24/7 NOW AND TEMP IS ABOUT 85F. YOUR THOUGHTS??

it sounds good you could always get some more light and try to keep the tempature down to 80- ..

Oh and where do you live because i went to home depot and they have hps bulbs but not the ballast.. i was really pissed... i was looking at a 400 wat so maybe they had 100 wat ballast... how much were the bulbs and ballast too?

Thanks, I Bought The Units With The Built In Ballasts In The Lighting Department, Driveway Lights Etc, Just To Use As Starters, They Were 30$ Per Unit They Had The Mv Ones Too But I Heard They Werent As Good. I Am Sure A Fan Would Cut The Temp As Well But I Havent Been Able To Find Any Small Ones Cause Everyones Out Of Stock Due To The Season

36" x 36" = 9 sq/ft.
Rule of thumb is 50 watts HPS per sq/ft min. for optimum growth. A 400-watt HPS system upgraded with a 430-watt full-spectrum bulb would be ideal.
For ventilation you have to cut 2 holes and install bathroom-type exhaust fans, although with a space that small you could get by with a passive intake (just a hole cut slightly larger than the hole for the exhaust fan).

30% increase in the blue spectrum for vegetative growth.

Latest posts

Back