Root Bound Containers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reesche

Reaction score
Hi you guys.... Just finished a crop and shot a few photos of the containers I had them in....

Would you consider these 2 containers root bound?

They grew under (8) T-5 lights. Didn't get very tall but that's ok for the room. Probably do not need to grow any more than (6) plants with these lights.

Would it be better to go to a larger container next time?

See attached photos....

Thanks again!
Reesche

Attachments

• Root Bound 3.jpg
    Root Bound 3.jpg
    461.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Root Bound 4.jpg
    Root Bound 4.jpg
    469.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Bud size before trimming.jpg
    Bud size before trimming.jpg
    489.9 KB · Views: 47
  • End of the line.jpg
    End of the line.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 54
First one yeah, second one nahhh.
I'd stick with those pots under those lights, you're fine. If that was a plant that you weren't harvesting, the first one would be slightly overdue for a bigger house. But at the very end of flower it's not a tragedy. Mine look like the two examples by the end of harvest, too! The big thing to look out for is whether your leaves are starting to cup downward, like an umbrella. In the last couple weeks of flower, even, I wouldn't sweat it.
Nice plants for a t5, keep up the good work. If you upgrade to LED, the growth is more vigorous and they would definitely outgrow those pots by mid flower. But you are on the right track.

Hi you guys.... Just finished a crop and shot a few photos of the containers I had them in....

Would you consider these 2 containers root bound?

They grew under (8) T-5 lights. Didn't get very tall but that's ok for the room. Probably do not need to grow any more than (6) plants with these lights.

Would it be better to go to a larger container next time?

See attached photos....

Thanks again!
Reesche

I flower in 11 gallon totes. My roots look like your second example

Latest posts

Back